Thread: xp issues

xp issues

lately xp pro has been giving me a windows explorer error when i shut down windows. all i do is close it and it shuts down like normal. some other things like slow speeds on my hdd and slow downs in certain games are also showing up. im considering reformatting and starting from scratch but just wanted to get an opinion first.

thanks,
    agentbad
    Intel I7 X5650@4Ghz(1.3v)
    Cooler Master Hyper 212+
    ASUS P6X58D Premium
    3x2gb OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
    6950 2gb unlocked
    Corsair CMPSU-650TX PSU
    Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb hdd
    Lite-on 24x dvd burner

10 Year Badge
    It could be windows corruption that happened for some random reason that you'll never find. It could also be spyware, so give spybot and adaware a try. Beyond that, I'd just reinstall. It's probably easier than hunting down the errors. Windows always runs best after a fresh install anyways, although the activation is a pain.

Windows always seems to get flakey on me after awhile. As MRD suggested you can try and find what the problem is however you're better off just formating.

before you do the whole reformat try doing the system restore. Try restoring to a time before you had the problem.

I also had a system doing this that had a coolWWWsearch spyware infection. A few passes with CWshredder and spybot/adaware fixed it.
    Shame on the night..... for places i've been and what i've seen... For giving me the strangest dreams - Dio(RIP)

o lord....well i went to go format and it gives me an error after it finishes. i chose the normal ntfs format and in the process of trying again. ive never got an error after trying to reformat so im pretty concerned.
    Last edited by agentbad; 11-16-05 at 02:10 AM.
    Intel I7 X5650@4Ghz(1.3v)
    Cooler Master Hyper 212+
    ASUS P6X58D Premium
    3x2gb OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
    6950 2gb unlocked
    Corsair CMPSU-650TX PSU
    Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb hdd
    Lite-on 24x dvd burner