• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any good MMOs on the horizon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is a Lord of the Rings MMO game in developement by Turbine Entertainment.

Someone is also developing a MMO game based on Conan.

OC Noob said:
There is a Lord of the Rings MMO game in developement by Turbine Entertainment.

Someone is also developing a MMO game based on Conan.

Like Conan the barbarian with arnold in it ? Dude that movie looks tight, hes so huge in it. Its Crazy

I was wondering the same thing since SWG is no more as far as I'm concerned. I've heard City of Viliians is a really good one. I went back to playing The Matrix Online. It seems like there are just some WoW wannabe MMORGs coming out.

Tabula Risa

Being made by the guy who founded Origin Systems, and made the MMO right the first try.

Aka Ultima Online pre Pub 16. I watch their site like a hawk =)

ryanmartini said:
Tabula Risa

Being made by the guy who founded Origin Systems, and made the MMO right the first try.

Aka Ultima Online pre Pub 16. I watch their site like a hawk =)

isnt tabula kinda like guild wars with the instanced zones?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but one I have tried a few times that is being developed still is Planeshift (http://www.planeshift.it). I think it is still alpha or beta, but they are getting quite a bit of stuff done.

100% free unless you want to make a donation. It isn't exactly new though, and the interface isn't the best.

FACTION95Si said:
I was wondering the same thing since SWG is no more as far as I'm concerned. I've heard City of Viliians is a really good one. I went back to playing The Matrix Online. It seems like there are just some WoW wannabe MMORGs coming out.

CoV and CoH are ok, i got bored quick of them though...there really isnt much to do, no loot, no real incentive for missions(quests). Character Creation and devolpment seemd to be a lot of fun...My character felt unique, but with out real loot the game didnt really seem to hold me :/

Personally, I'd like to see more mmo's WITHOUT instancing. It takes the competition vs other players out of the game too much, and thus the fun.

ps2cho said:
Like Conan the barbarian with arnold in it ? Dude that movie looks tight, hes so huge in it. Its Crazy

Yeah, those movies rocked.

I think its more based on the comics or books.

There is a trailer at gametrailers.com thats pretty cool.

Leviathan41 said:
Does anyone know of any new MMOs that will be coming out soon? Any good ones to keep my eye on?

Agree with crash. Darkfall looks like is has really good potential if your into PvP. Loot your kills. No safe zones. I think there are two main factions but you can play a race that is at war with everyone else. Brutal.

traldan said:
VANGUARD! www.vanguardsoh.com

The MMO to own all MMOs. :)

Those screenshots look extemely demanding on a computer like mine. The distance detail is incredible. The site says it's a variation of the unreal engine. On the minimum system specs they put:It's too early to announce Vanguard's hardware, memory, or storage requirements.

Back