• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 7800 Gtx??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

millard

Registered
O.K - since I began my search for a 7800 GTX I have seen numerous cards with numerous speeds.

All I want to know is: "What is the fastest 7800 GTX on the market right now?"

I WAS looking at the MSI model - but my money situation improved a great deal and now I can afford a more expensive model.

I have also been looking at the Asus 7800 GTX Top with the beefy cooling system (and, as I have an Asus MoBo, it will fit!)

Could anyone give me a short list (3 or 4 models) as I live in England and the availablility isn't as good over here.

Cheers in advance

EDIT: i am looking for the best 256MB version!

I think the asus is one of the fastest on the market but BFG overclock ones are very fast too with the core and memory already overclocked above stock.

as far as stock cooling goes your probably better off with the asus gtx top.... asus have in the past been known to produce some very good clocking cards...their 6800ultra's were one of the few 6xxx cards to not suffer from a cold bug and overclocked very well....
xfx have a nicely high clocked gtx, as do evga...but both their cooling is horribly inefficient

It must be fate!!!

From what i can tell, there is only 1 (yes ONE) internet company based in england that can deliver an Asus Top.

It will take over a week to deliver because they themselves have to order them in... but I think it's worth it.

:cool:

Cheers guys

The eVGA 7800GTX KO Edition is the fastest stock OCed model on the market now, but it's priced at around $600 I think.

Technically, all the 7800GTX should OC to the same top speeds, not necessary to get a pre-OCed one. I'd just get the cheapest one and they'd all perform the same.

If you want the best card, why not go for the 7800GTX 512MB verison? Their clocked higher and with more memory then the 7800GTXs, it's only worth the price if you have something at or over 1600x1200 though.

Geez those cases on that site are too damn expensive! I know they are custom built to order but that is rediculous! lol

Anyways... I have contacted the first company i found and they seem pretty confident they can deliver the card.

As for the 512mb version - there are a suprising amount of UK sellers for this card - only problem is it adds another £120 (over $200) onto the price tag... just a case of deciding exactly how good my money situation is! lol

I'll kepp ya posted :p

the best 7800 gtx is the 512mb edition. any company will do :santa:......the 7800gtx 512mb BTW blows away the 7800gtx, as hard to believe as that sounds

cooper15 said:
the best 7800 gtx is the 512mb edition. any company will do :santa:......the 7800gtx 512mb BTW blows away the 7800gtx, as hard to believe as that sounds
Are the 7800 gtx 512s even available yet. It seems that everone that has them on their site shows out of stock? If so, who has them available?

There is another thread just like this, searching would save you time. Id save go with evga or bfgtech as my vote.

I have done a little research into the 512's. I have found a company in England that will take an online order and THEN order the card in (kind of like a first come first serve basis)
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=304020

The site has 3 models and the link above is for the Asus model which is the one I am looking at. The fastest i can find over here is the XFX extreme edition which has clock speeds of 583 (c) and 1730 (m).

Compared to the Asus model which is 550 (c) and 1700 (m) and a price difference of £44 ($75) for 30mhz each way I reckon the best "bang for the buck" in this case would be the asus which could then be clocked to the extreme edition's speeds.

What do you guys think?

The $75 might seem like alot, but XFX's warranty is probably the best in the business. Basically they warrant the card for the original owner and if you decide to sell it the new owner can registar again with the same card and still get the full warranty. Makes it alot easier to resell the card if you decide to upgrade down the road :)

Back