• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dothan/P4C Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ssetre

I've got the following...

P-M 730 at 2.5 with 1.4vcore prime stable for an hour(didn't have longer to beat on it) It is a C0 stepping.
Zalman 7000cu
P4C800-E DLX(with TT NB cooler) Finally back to Bios version 1023... 1024 is eeevil.
2x 512MB PC3700 OCZ TCCD
Powerstream 520W

My questions are as follows:

Can someone give me some advice on where to find the vmods for this board? The Vdroop is horrible. I have to set it to 1.45 in bios to keep it at 1.392-1.4 under load.

How much voltage is safe to feed a Dothan?

Can someone give me a tweak guide on my motherboard... I am gettin thumped with 72%(70% with PAT disabled) bandwidth in dual channel... But 94% in single...

Also is 2.5 at 1.4vcore a good overclock?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and reply.

I'll put it this way... 1024 broke something badly... I could only hit 2.42 before it would start acting up and then at 2.5 it would just slooooow right down. If I tried 2.6 at 1.4vcore I'd get a black screen. And the bad overclock catching function barely worked I'd have to shut down a couple times to get a failed overclock warning. Other people have experienced bad things with the 1024 bios as well.

I'm used to better things with my AI7 I was north of 80% bandwidth and it had very little vdroop. Guess things aren't better in the Asus camp :p.

Back