• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tualatinboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks ol'man. The search comes back blank. Only listing the PL-iP3. If pricing is anywhere near your qoute, then it's a no brainer. Better to go with a new mobo the will support the chip. Thanks for the quick reply.

You must have skipped over this then:)

CPU_only.PNG

http://www.powerleap.com/Products/iP3T.htm

The funky thing is that it comes with a Celery 1.2. Makes me wonder if there's more to it than simply the slocket...if they possibly did stuff on the chip...

Sklathill said:
The funky thing is that it comes with a Celery 1.2. Makes me wonder if there's more to it than simply the slocket...if they possibly did stuff on the chip...

Well I am sure there is more to the slocket than you think. The chip is no different:D LOL.

Well, what about the guys that want to use Tualatin-S chips on their slot machines? It seems sort of weird for Powerleap provide the chips with their slockets.

What about the Gigabyte boards. They sure are cheap.

Well I had a GA-6OXET for a few months, it does support tualatins too, and still sells for $120 for plain jane with onboard sound only. Not sure if that's cheap, and "you get what you pay for" sure applies to this board.

what of the gigabyte GA-6RXB? it has raid support, tultain, ddr, and is only around $140 bucks....and uses the via266pro chipset.

looks alright to me, anyone have experience with this one?

Via? Might as well buy an AMD cpu ;)

Gigabyte is relatively expensive and offers superior craftsmanship and design. Silly unnecessary features like the RAID and everything else are for tinkerers, not for a real and stable desktop. If there is desire to tinker, might as well get an Abit or something like that for 80 bux with way more stuff to tinker with than Gigabyte.

That's $140CND, I didn't think Abit had boards that are less than 100 bucks..what other "tinkering" can be done with thoses boards? I just need a system that supports tualtain, DDR, and AGP 4x/pro, ATA 100/66, and ample RAM...RAID is cool to have as an option, but I need stability, and scailability (and Overclockability of course...), extras like audio/video on board I find get in the way, so faetures like that are not needed.
What dose Abit have to offer that fits that mold? I wan't to spend around $160 bucks most (unless I absolutly have to go higher.)

I just need ...stability, and scailability (and Overclockability of course...

To pick something out right you first need to decide what you really looking for, and i see a lot confusion.

ASUS TUSL2-C Vcore adjust for Tualins

I just got TUSL2-C and they added VCore adjusting for Tualins in the latest BIOS update.
I am not using a tualing chip but this baby is great for OCing.

I am running PIII 866 at 1040 (160FSB) for 2 weeks now with no problems on Windows XP.
I didn't try any higher but I think I will on the weekend.

OZYMANDES

Back