• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Be6-ii & Xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CodyCloudy

I have an ABIT BE6-II motherboard running the latest BIOS that has a Highpoint HPT 366 Ultra ATA/66 Chipset built in.

I have run the Microsoft Windows XP advisor and it tells me I have a blocking issue with the Highpoint controller. It states:
Unsupported Hardware Configuration
Your computer has hardware devices that prohibit you from upgrading to Windows XP.
Highpoint HPT366 Ultra DMA Controller

I have searched the Highpoint site and it tells me to go to my motherboard manufacturers site. I went to ABIT and can't find any new drivers or BIOS that state they support XP. I sent EMAIL to ABIT and as in the past when I tried to contact them, they did not respond.
Can anyone help?

Thanks...

Connect your hd to a regular ata 33 controler where your cd rom is connected and install XP. Then d/l win 2000 drivers for your High point 366, connect hd to the 366 and install.

Finally running!

Thanks for the reply.
I tried that and several other things people suggested, but finally received a XP Beta driver last night from ABIT. I installed that upon the forst boor using the F6 key and everything went well.
Thanks again
Jeff

Back