• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel p4 overclock- 2700 mhz mark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

savageseb

not sure if this item belongs in this section.

I've taken a look at the cpu database people are getting upto a 3 ghz average with a 2.4b processor. multiplier is locked so we raise fsb i supposed.

Asus p4pe motherboard
right now im at:
fsb 145 *18 (2610 mhz realtimetested)
from an initial 133 *18
memory is at 300 mhz
and prime95 has no problems.
when i get to 153, or somewhere arounf 150 i have big problems.
at 155 or above it wont boot.

my biggest mark is 2700, will i ever get past it?

temps are fine due to airconditioner.

The key here is that you start having problems at and above 150 FSB. I suspect your PCI bus is running too far out of spec. At 150 FSB, the PCI is probably at 37.5 MHz. This is typically the point where we were stopped back in the days before PCI locks. See if there is a BIOS setting that allows you to lock or fix the AGP/PCI to 66/33.

alright, i gave it a whirl, agp/pci are fixed to 66/33. i pulled it up to 150 fsb, and computer is smooth. and actually i was able to do some gameplay with these settings that would crash me in previous tries. that till i run prime the three times, and in those three times system crashed. took about 5m for it to go down, 1 took only 1m
so now im back down to 145 fsb.

savageseb said:
alright, i gave it a whirl, agp/pci are fixed to 66/33. i pulled it up to 150 fsb, and computer is smooth. and actually i was able to do some gameplay with these settings that would crash me in previous tries. that till i run prime the three times, and in those three times system crashed. took about 5m for it to go down, 1 took only 1m
so now im back down to 145 fsb.

If you don't have at least PC2700 DDR SDRAM, that's probably why it crashed. If you're using PC2100 DDR SDRAM, that's probably why is wasn't stable beyond 145 mhz.

If you do have PC2100, bump the vdimm (Ram Voltage) to 2.8, run some loser timings, try 2.5 4 4 8. Then try for 150FSB again. With PC2100 RAM, this will most likely help.

Scott.

guess i should've mentioned it earlier, it is pc 2700, all voltages are on auto(p4pe).
depending on the amount of usage i guess, my meter shows voltages as high as 1.62 and as low as 1.55. my video card as well is an old radeon 7500 4x. if any of that helps.

Asus mobos tend to overvolt a little at idle and droop under load. Bump up the vcore one notch (like 1.55v) and see if that helps any.

zuh??

**EDIT** ^^ that was in response to a now banned spammer who sounded like the sweedish chef. :D

Last edited:
Back