• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Anime Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Finished MushiShi, started Guuran Lagaan. Its not bad, but a little 'kiddie' for me. I'll keep watching a few more eps, but I need something else.

Get Berserk if you want something adult-ish. The first movie of it is finally out, so there's never been a better time to get into it if you haven't already :). The manga is a must-read if you watch the series/movie, though.

i watch sword art online its INSANELY good!!! also watch Accel world and its pretty good also

Yup Gantz is quite adult. I like the storyline tho, stickin with it.

Oh, Gantz....yeah, that was interesting to say the least.

Finished watching Rideback with the anime club here at college (yes, I do go because the other members make me feel better about myself. Why do you ask?). All I have to say is it's closer to an anime about motorcycles than Akira.

Any recommendations people?

Everyone should watch Redline. Its the definition of ridiculous. Done by the people who animated Aeon Flux I believe.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head:

Nichijou (Slice of life - similar to Azumanga Daioh!)
Durarara!! (Multiple entangled story lines)
[C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control (Arena fighting)
Xam'd (Big robot-ish)
Hanasaku Iroha (Girl ends up working at an Inn)

Discovered Sword Art Online, very good! Its about an MMO that you neurologically jack into. Players find that they aren't allowed to leave until finishing or they die in real life. Check it out!

Anime Club, how did I miss this thread. . .

I have about 12 Terabytes of recommendations depending on the genre your looking for.

SAO and Jormungand are my current watchers along with some other titles which umm let's say are of the Blu-Ray fan service genre. . . .

Discovered Sword Art Online, very good! Its about an MMO that you neurologically jack into. Players find that they aren't allowed to leave until finishing or they die in real life. Check it out!

.hack/SIGN (and the rest of the .hack series) is similar in nature to that, though I found it a bit slow.

I'll give Jormungand a shot. My fav genre would be Ghost in the Shell, LAIN, etc.. Computery stuff.

Back