• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Anime Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mcoleg said:
you could always rent them, you know.
Hmmm... I didn't see it over at the B&M Blockbuster store. Maybe an online rental is an option to see a lot of these Anime series. If I like 'em enough, I'll buy my own copy. If like Disney cartoons, you can't get them again for several years because they get pulled and put in the vault :rolleyes:, well then you get creative.

ckj said:
Also, there are a lot of claims that it's legal to download if the anime has not been licensed yet. But, once the anime/manga gets licensed in the US, then a lot of fansubbers (fans of the series that translate and subtitle the anime for free) will pull the series so you can support the dvds that should be showing up in a little while (after the licensing).

This is how a lot of the "legal downloads" work, and I'm not sure if it's legal or not, but no one has stopped this yet, so it very well might be.

Yeah, unless the animation companies send an explicit order to cease distribution, like Media Factory did with Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Akane Maniax, Genshiken, School Rumble, and a few others, its perfectly fine to download them IMO. A good place to start is AnimeSuki, or you can hop on IRC (more specifically the Rizon.net IRC server), and grab some stuff from XDCC/Fserve bots

Penguin4x4 said:
Yeah, unless the animation companies send an explicit order to cease distribution, like Media Factory did with Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Akane Maniax, Genshiken, School Rumble, and a few others, its perfectly fine to download them IMO. A good place to start is AnimeSuki, or you can hop on IRC (more specifically the Rizon.net IRC server), and grab some stuff from XDCC/Fserve bots
Well I checked them out and I don't know where to begin. That Bleach series is at #60. Does that mean there are another 59 episodes I'll need to track down? :eek:

Audioaficionado said:
Well I checked them out and I don't know where to begin. That Bleach series is at #60. Does that mean there are another 59 episodes I'll need to track down? :eek:

Yup!

I've got eps 1-50 myself and have yet to watch a single one. As soon as i get time, then yes. Same as Wolf's Rain. I've heard from my bro's that it is a decent anime, but nothing to get excited over.

Audioaficionado said:
yes, you can get them all on that same website. the subgroup called Lunar is most commonly believed to be the best of all the groups subbing it.

Audioaficionado said:

Hell I'm almost finished my Touch torrents, 101 episodes (in batches of 5 episodes per) + 5 movies, with very few seeds :bang head hehe, :p Take heart tho, most series are between 13-26 episodes (Japanese television is like that, they have usually only have one season for most shows) I've personally downloaded over 300GB worth so far, thank god SBC doesn't cap my line :santa:

Woo. Just watched Blood+ 9 and 10. Starting to get good! :)

I also finally finished Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig. I found the whole series on the whole to be very enjoyable, if not a little dense at times. Not as good as the first series, but still very much enjoyable. I'm glad I finally sat down to finish it.

I also started watching Rozen Maiden. Just the first ep so far, but I do like it. The character designs are very, very good, the story has room to grow, and the voiceacting is top notch. It will be interesting to stick with this one.

FINALLY I finished Touch, great ending IMO, definitely worth a peek. New Suzuka and Paradise Kiss were both awesome as well, and I got through another episode on Disc #4 of Azu Manga Dai Oh. Good lord this is some funny stuff yo...

Audioaficionado said:

AniDB and AnimeNfo are both excellent sites to find synopsis of shows/movies/OAVs as well as other information. Think of them as the IMDB of anime, :cool:

The Big O didn't grab me. I mean, move it 30 years into the past and you've got Giant Robo.

I'm about halfway through Rozen Maiden now, and I must say I'm really starting to like it :)

Edit: I just polished off Rozen Maiden, and it was pretty good. Not groundbreaking in the least, but it had a pretty good story, and the animation was excellent. I'm trying out Rozen Maiden: Traumend now.

I also caught Blood+ 11. I'm really starting to like that show.

Last edited:
Man. Nobody got anime for Christmas?!

I just watched Cat Soup for the first time yesterday, and I must say that it has to be one of the strangest things I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. It's twisted and funny and gross and strange all rolled into one. My God it's good! I highly recommend it!

Oni said:
Man. Nobody got anime for Christmas?!

Technically this Azu Manga Dai Oh boxed set and this Eiken DVD are part of my christmas present, and the first two issues of the Boys Be manga as well, :santa:

TollhouseFrank said:
i've only seen about partway through the Big O, right around where his mega-deuce got badly damaged i believe. What happens after that?

Something about tomatos or something :eh?: :rolleyes:

Hmm... well, this thread was hiding from me.

ozzlo: Banner of the stars? Really?!? I would recommend starting from Crest of the Stars I, then watch Crest of the Stars II, then Seikai no Dansho - Tanjyou (one episode) then Banner of the Stars I, then Banner of the Stars II, that is the proper order. Personally I found all of them to be EXTREMELY SLOW.

I would highly recommend that anyone that likes AMVs check out AMV Hell 1, AMV Hell 2, and AMV Hell 3.... they are all VERY good.

Finished Watching
==============
Dokuro-Chan - Weird. Death-bat weilding angel + school boy = funny shenanigans
Appleseed - Very good movie.. can't really describe it any more than that...

Watching
=======
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - 3rd installment of the FMP! series.. I think I like Fumoffu better, but this has more plot..
Mai Hime - School girls + big super powers defend an isolated school against monsters or something, without letting the fact that they have these powers slip.

Back