• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Anime Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Captain Slug said:
Doh! Black Cat was just liscenced so the fansubbing will probably cease.

Ja, it vas reelee guhd.
i just found out about that :(

stupid funimation...

For lamest... Super Milk Chan... but that is beside the point....

Just got Bleach eps 1-50.... got Wolf's Rain........... and 2 days ago, re-watched the entire Hellsing series (all 13 episodes) with one of my bros and reminded myself of why it is such a badass anime.

bleach 61 was amazing! aizen was planning this all along!

havent' had a chance to watch naruto from this week yet.

watched the first couple of trigun and its not really my cup of tea but i'll continue and give it a chance.

I'm not sure if you guys would like reviews added to this thread, but I'll add one anyway.

So i've picked up this anime called "Shuffle!" and I've seen the first 14 episodes and the prologue. I knew nothing about it when I started watching, but now I can confidently say, don't watch it!

It's basically a cheap tenchi muyo copy, where this guy is given the option to marry these two girls from the demon/God world out of the blue. Basically he gets to choose the one he wants. The premise was decent, and I figured it set the stage for some fighting, comedy, or a combination of both, especially since, evidently there was mention of magic.

Well, the first episode was slow, somewhat boring with a lack of good jokes. Figuring that it was only the first episode I watched on. Light jokes followed, the majority of which focused around the demon/God girl's fathers. In addition, there is a moderate amount of fanservice, which I dislike. Especially when it adds nothing to the story and in some ways detracts from it.

Another flaw is the way this anime depicts relationships, the characters are shallow and the relationships appear unnatural and the main male character without a personality, sans kindness. They So, even if you enjoy a romantic anime focusing on the character development among the characters, look elsewhere.

So, to sum things up...
Pros: Clean, well drawn art. Good story set up at the outset.

Cons: Terrible story execution. Shallow characters with not too deep relationships. Comedy is just not funny. Lack of magic use. Too much fanservice.

One I forgot to mention earlier was Midori No Hibi (Midori Days).
This series was a complete suprise seeing as I was expecting the usual perverted humor wth common archetypes and predictable story lines and characters. Instead it ended up being so honest and heartfelt in a way. While it wasn't nearly as good as Fruits Basket, it was endearing in it's own way and I was hoping it would be longer than it ended up being.

It does contain a minute amount of nudity though so be forewarned.

Well, Megatokyo is not a show, it's a comic, but it's funny as hell. I haven't seen any mention of it.

I really like Cowboy Bebop, but now that I've seen all the episodes, I don't want to watch it again until I forget all the episodes.

I saw a few episodes of Street Figher 2 (or 3, I forget) seemed like a repeat of every episode. Meh. It was on Stars Action channel.

Is there like a channel devoted to anime I haven't tapped into or something? All I got for anime is Adult Swim and (rarely) the Action Channel. I still love Adult Swim regardless of having limited anime.

Stavros said:
Is there like a channel devoted to anime I haven't tapped into or something?
There's Anime Network, not sure where and how that's available because I don't get it. And G4 plays anime most night of the week but I can never figure out what kind of pattern of what and when they play.

I don't watch any Anime on TV because I'm partial to subtitles. :rolleyes:

I've been on a real binge the past two and half/three months, almost 700 eps. worth, heh. Finishing up Touch, just finished Mai HiME, both season of Girls Bravo, and Honey and Clover. Paradise Kiss, Shuffle! and Suzuka are my current obsession; just picked up Azu Manga Dai Oh box set and Eiken DVDs at Best Buy, some funny stuff...I got the I"s torrent going ATM, looks great, I may pick up Mai Otome soon...can't wait for Ichigo Mashimaro and Okusama wa Joshikousei to finish, Ginban Kaleidoscope and Canvas 2 are starting to show some great potential.

Oh and they need to hurry up and get more Kamichu and Petopeto-san out too...grumble...

As far as reeeeeeeally long series (>26 episodes), Naruto is stalling out big time with the filler crap, Bleach is getting damn good, Capeta is pretty good, I'm still waiting for a monkey though, hehe...

And I was really looking forward to finishing Solty Rei and Black Cat, damn you FUNimation :bang head Actually damn you FUNimation and ADV, you heartless ********. Bandai and Geneon ftw!

EDIT: In case anyone's wondering, I was watching pretty much every harem/love-romance/ecchi comedy that's been fansubbed since 200...1? Maybe 2000? Yeah, I've got problems, :cool:

Last edited:
I'm a few episodes in to Disc #4 of the Azu Manga Dai Oh Box Set. GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY that is some funny crap. They need to give the voice actors for Chiyo-chan and Osaka-san an award, some of the greatest high pitched squeals and one-liners I have ever heard. Chiyo-chan falling head first on that stool OMG I nearly wet myself laughing :D :D :D

Well, I watched more shuffle! (because I hate not finishing a series) and it got much better after the 13-14th episode. Mostly because you learn a lot more backstory and main character starts doing stuff. So if you're a fan of that genre, it's probably worth picking up.

Also, I started watching blood+, i finished 4 episodes so far, it's pretty interesting. I want to see where it goes.

Hellsing was pretty good. I liked the twist at the end where Alucard offerd to make his master (Sir Hellsing) into a vampire. Who would become the master then? Would Alucard still have safeguards or restraints to control his vast destructive power?

Is there a legit method to download these shows?

I don't really want to do P2P or go to warez usenet servers.

Last edited:
a good deal of them are allowed to be downloaded. However... once the creator decides to cut it off (happens usually after 2 seasons of something he/she expects to go 3/4 seasons....) then no more legal downloads of that anime from that point on. It is sort of a 'teaser trailer' and often the best moments are the ones you have to pay for (and are 90% of the time worth it... the full Witch Hunter Robin set was $150 the last i checked (a few months back)... but it was SO worth paying it)

WalMart has the first 3 Hellsing episodes for <$10 on a DVD but not the whole set. They get you hooked and then have no plan to sell you the complete set for ~$80. I'm afraid if I get it, there won't be any futher episodes and I will have wasted $10 towards the set.

Well, you can get Hellsing from amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1/104-6359389-1039154?n=507846&s=dvd&v=glance

Also, there are a lot of claims that it's legal to download if the anime has not been licensed yet. But, once the anime/manga gets licensed in the US, then a lot of fansubbers (fans of the series that translate and subtitle the anime for free) will pull the series so you can support the dvds that should be showing up in a little while (after the licensing).

This is how a lot of the "legal downloads" work, and I'm not sure if it's legal or not, but no one has stopped this yet, so it very well might be.

Back