• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got my 2005FPW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
rev a02 is the latest rev i believe, its what i have. it looks big for the 1st few weeks, then you get used to the size.

Mine looked big for the first 15 minutes, now it's just a normal nice monitor... I bet the 24" would have shocked me for longer tho.

Probably, but even then you'd get used to it after a few weeks.

The trick is to buy the Apple 30" LCD because there is NOTHING bigger.

Was that bleeding picture of a BLACK screen? It looks blue and white to me. :eek:

I got mine today even though UPS tracking said it would not be here till monday:D I am actually surprised UPS delivered it today.

Yeah i've got some backlight bleeding, but it's not quite as bad as what you've got, so since I don't want to pay to ship it back... I think i'll live with it, unless it happens to get worse.

Shocker said:
I just got mine today, and all i can say is WOW. This monitor is awesome! Coming from a 17" CRT, this thing is huge. I thought I had a dead pixel but it turns out it was a piece of dust. :)

Talking about backlight bleeding... Here is a pic of mine. I think i'm going to send it back and get another one... :\
Pic of backlight bleeding
Pic of backlight bleeding

Thanks
yep its defective, call them up and they'll send a new one out to ya.

be careful you dont get a refurb one, i guess it depends on who you to talk at dell customer support. There was someone else that had tried to return one of these, and instead got a refurb one that was scratched, and had cracks in the display and casing. Delivered in bubble wrap and nothing else! Sounds like typical dell service to me! Thats one of the only reasons ive held off for such a long time to buy this monitor. I really dont want to deal with their customer service department if i have to return this monitor. ARgghh,, decisions...

got my replacement, i havn't decided if i'm going to send this one back yet or not

dell2005FPW2_backlight_blee.jpg

it looks bad in the picture because the camera really picks out the light, however in real life its still much better than my old monitor. the lower left is still just about as bad as my old one but the rest of the monitor is just fine.

another thing i discovered, the USB functionality works in this one where on the last one it just kept saying "unrecognized usb device", so it turns out the usb on the old monitor was bad.

I finally had time to contact dell and get a replacement. After multiple post saying how hard it is to get a replacement and people waiting 3 hours on the phone, i decided to try the online chat. Now they require you to enter in your service tag and our monitor doesn't have that. Luckly I used my laptops service number instead and within minutes I was chatting with support. After about 15mins of chatting, he/she went ahead and process my replacement! It was completely painless!

Now I hope to get a good monitor with little to no backlight.

I'll keep you posted.

adriana said:
sorry to be a newb, but what do we do to test for black light bleeding?

Ummm you mean BACK light bleeding.... :bang head

And its easy to do the test, just set you background to BLACK and see if any white light is peeking thru the edges like in the pictures above.

Hope that helps... :beer:

Back