• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some Ebay buyer just got owned big time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
People, regardless of how bad you feel for the idiot that paid that kind of money for an empty box, that sale was perfectly legal, and no deception of any kind was attempted.

Personally, I would'nt do that, but if I did, and I didn't get my money for a legal auction, and a deal was made, Ebay would be getting a call first, then I'd be going down to the courthouse to get a hearing in small claims.

It says right there on ebay, that if you click buy or you bid on an auction and it's the winning bid, you are signing a legally binding contract.

Like was stated, if you don't research what you are buying, that is not an excuse. If you buy something, you pay for it. If I would've bid on that (even if I didn't read it - which I wouldn't do) I would've paid for it like I was legally bound to do. It would'nt be Ebay's fault if I did something stupid. People do stupid things all the time, and they have to accept responsibility for them. Sometimes, that's the only way people will learn.

It may very well have been somebody wanted that box, had alot of money, and wanted to make somebody's day. Regardless, they bought it.

hahahaha thats all i can say realy.. it said it was empty 19bids.. lol .. i see dumb people

Attachments

• dumb2354896475.jpg
    dumb2354896475.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Or some of the people read it was a box, and thought it was funny, and decided to bid on it.

They didn't want to risk the chance that they got neg feedback for voting on a joke item that wasn't a joke, so they made a new account so they didn't get shafted when they didn't pay for it.

Anyways, I think the description was shady. Whether it was out and out deception, or merely something else, I don't know. But I do know that I tell everyone to read the fine print on the Ebay auctions.

whos quoting odds on wether it will work again.........

ims orry if your dumb enough to buy it you deserve to loose the money

This made me chuckle. Its just like the picture of a 360 that sold for 400 or so dollars (or maybe it was pounds) recently on Ebay. This happens every time there is a really hot item on the market, you'd think people would be wise to it by now. Ok, so maybe not, but I don't have much faith in the general populace anyways :D

Was this a scam? Oh yes, but it was an honest scam (is that possible?) I mean he did say that it was a box several times, it was his listing info that was dishonest. That being said, anyone stupid enough to put up over $600 and not even read the auction, well deserves to loose the money IMO. I bet the idiot would learn their lesson after that.

...ok, well maybe not :p

Regardless of what anyone thinks.. you cannot assume what the intent of this person was when he listed it. For f*ck sake if I want to put a cardboard box up for auction I should be able to. You mean to tell me half of a grilled cheese sandwich with a burn mark on it that vaguely may or may not look like something can sell for $28,000?! This may have well been a gag that laughably so a bunch of retards that should not be allowed to breed actually bid on. People are quick to jump the gun and say "that guy is a crook!" but what if it was just a practical joke? The nimrod who won the auction by the way has a history of jumping the trigger and not reading what he is bidding on so take that for what it is worth.. he's a complete and utter moron for bidding the way he did and he should be held accountable for his blatant moronic act.

stupid is as stupid does.

its not my fault he bid without reading...nor is it the sellers.

this is just another case of someone you hear in the news saying' "i didn't think the gun was loaded..." maybe this would have been the lesson that actually got through his head...but no, we take pity on the fool and help him along...now guess what he's going to (keep) doing?

survival of the fittest is out the window and we (ALL) are going to pay for it in the long run....

I agree. As far as survival of the fittest, well, I do think seatbelts, helmets, etc. are still a good idea, but you can't expect everyone to hold your hand when you're internet shopping. I always hear people say stuff like "Man I'll never buy from Ebay I got scammed so bad on there."

Yeah, you bought what the seller was selling and were simply too stupid to do ANY reading before buying it. Good job giving Ebay a bad name.

Back