• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some Ebay buyer just got owned big time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

He wasted upwards of 1200 bucks on a xbox 360 BOX!! Hes a screenshot from another site

pic21457za.jpg

He didn't read the fine print which said hes only getting a box!

Imo thats bs and ebay should ban the user who made the auction. He did it on purpose knowing someone would mistake it.

Where's the BS. In big CAPITAL letters it clearly states that it is an empty box. From the pic itself I count 5 times where it says it is an empty box. It's not the sellers fault people can read and comprehend. You never know maybe that box was just what someone needed to pull a prank or something. I can see a use for just that box, the fact that some idiot paid $600 is just lucky for him.

I hope the guy realised, if he did, then he should be able to complain to ebay and avoid paying (without getting bad feedback).

seadave77 said:
Where's the BS. In big CAPITAL letters it clearly states that it is an empty box. From the pic itself I count 5 times where it says it is an empty box. It's not the sellers fault people can read and comprehend. You never know maybe that box was just what someone needed to pull a prank or something. I can see a use for just that box, the fact that some idiot paid $600 is just lucky for him.

so thats basically like an empty computer case ?

anyone that would make that much money of another individual on something so devious knowing that error will be made on such a hot item is a SCUMBAG, altho the guy that bought it is a dumbass lol

I love the note at the bottom.

It says "This is not even a factory made box, this just an Xbox 360 home-made box. This box is great, hand made by me. It says Xbox 360 right on it. It doesn't look anything like the picture."

I bet in the end, the seller won't see a dime.

I used to ebay a lot a couple years back, I think the whole ebay thing is complete CRAP now, it used to be so much better and safer.
Couple years ago an auction like that wouldnt have made it a day without being pulled, now ebay just wants its cut.

Rattle said:
I used to ebay a lot a couple years back, I think the whole ebay thing is complete CRAP now, it used to be so much better and safer.
Couple years ago an auction like that wouldnt have made it a day without being pulled, now ebay just wants its cut.

While I agree with this, I also look at it realistically. Look at the numbers of auctions there are, I don't see they could actually read through EVERY one and check them. Ebay is a monster that grew rapidly of the hands of it's own master.

If you can't see that huge type, and don't take 30 seconds to skim over what you are buying when spending SIX HUNDRED AND ELEVEN DOLLARS, you deserve to lose your money.

Zatrix said:
There were 19 bids btw so i guess alot of people are dumb but its still not right. Ebay should of took down the auction and made it null/void.
Why? he made it perfectly clear that it was only a box. It is stated 5 times on the page. The error seems to be on Ebay's part. Look under the desription. Ebay listed it under Video Game Systems, Manufacturer: Microsoft, and DVD-ROM media format. That is how people were mislead. I could be wrong, but doesn't Ebay determine what catagory an Item is listed under.

On a side note, $15 to ship an empty box seems extreme. I wonder if he puts it in a bigger box? :D

hibner said:
Why? he made it perfectly clear that it was only a box. It is stated 5 times on the page. The error seems to be on Ebay's part. Look under the desription. Ebay listed it under Video Game Systems, Manufacturer: Microsoft, and DVD-ROM media format. That is how people were mislead. I could be wrong, but doesn't Ebay determine what catagory an Item is listed under.

On a side note, $15 to ship an empty box seems extreme. I wonder if he puts it in a bigger box? :D

Nope, you pick that when you list your item

godofgorks said:
Nope, you pick that when you list your item
I stand corrected. :D

In that case he did intentionally mislead buyers and needs to be burned at the stake along with his home-made box.

.......now where's my torch

First of all, this should be under vendor discussion.

I checked into the buyer, masterflex3oo. He has 4 transactions, three positive and one negative. One of the positives was ended by Ebay with an invalid item message. I am assuming that this is the item in question here. The seller has a 99.6% approval rating with over 1500 positive feedbacks and both buyer and seller gave each other positive feedback.

This ad very clearly states that the item is an empty box. The category that was chosen might have been to deceive but might also have been to present the item to the right interested buyers.
As was stated, there were 15 bids which means at least two people bid close to $600 for this item. The starting bid was only $5 not $500 Buy-It-Now. $20 seems like a lot for a cardboard box with the word XBOX written on it but...

As usual with Ebay, "buyer beware" should be the motto.

Last edited:
I would never trust buying from ebay.

I dont have very good trust of other people. Especially when im buying something thats usually used. And since theres no money gurantees you can get screwed very easily.

>HyperlogiK< said:
I hope the guy realised, if he did, then he should be able to complain to ebay and avoid paying (without getting bad feedback).
uh no, actually he shouldnt.

A fool and his money are soon parted. A fool that can't read loses it even faster.

If you lack the ability to read you should not be spending money.

What the hell?

Why are people saying Ebay is shady? How can you NOT REALIZE that he is selling a box. When size 24 font is considered 'fine print' you have an issue.' He was INCREDIBLY clear about what you are getting in that paragraph too, how anyone can blame the seller, or Ebay, is beyond me.

If common sense were a stock it would be through the roof.

Yeah..... not this time.

Usually I feel pretty bad, but there is honestly no way he could have made it more clear that he was selling a box. Honestly, how could he have made it more clear?

People make mistakes, but only an idiot would buy a box for $611.

I wonder what this will do to the seller's feedback.

-Seller is a SCAMMER, sold me an XBOX 360 for $611 and it was just a box.
Reply - Made it perfectly clear it was a box, there is no way you could have thought I was selling an actual 360.
*Both buyer and seller agree to mutually withdraw*

Back