• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dumpster score!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vaio

Check out what I found in the dumpster at work :D Once this crappy cold weather goes away, I'm gonna tear into it, and really try and make something unique. I also found in the dumpster an old PII DFI mobo, a PII processor, as well as half of another, another old case(completely shredded). and a crap load of random cables and junk.

case3.jpg

case2.jpg

case1.jpg

I'm thinking bright red with some graphics, a window, and water cooling, plus a ton of lights.

Vaio said:
Check out what I found in the dumpster at work :D Once this crappy cold weather goes away, I'm gonna tear into it, and really try and make something unique. I also found in the dumpster an old PII DFI mobo, a PII processor, as well as half of another, another old case(completely shredded). and a crap load of random cables and junk.

case3.jpg

case2.jpg

case1.jpg

I'm thinking bright red with some graphics, a window, and water cooling, plus a ton of lights.
wholly ****
you lucky man :)
that'll fit a bix3!

Wow, good find. That is a huge case you got there and best of all it was free!

Captain Slug said:
Aside from maybe the I/O ports that motherboard tray is ATX correct? That is one wickedly hefty case.
Yup. Standard ATX. I'll have some pics of the inside up in a few minutes.

That case is ripe for modding ;). Maybe even get two PCs in there....?

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

case6.jpg

case7.jpg

Those are Nidec Beta V fans, and that controller monitors temps and voltages, as well as controls the fans, all automatically.

Sjaak said:
Nice :) What do those fans push / how is the noise? And where is the temp sensor placed?
48CFM @ 34.8db

The temp sensor, asuming I am looking at the right part, is located in the far back corner (where the white wires are running to in the top down view).

Lucky *******! I see many possibilities.... :D

Nice place you work too. If I pulled something out of the dumpster I would be unemployed the next day. :/ (and yes there have been working computers thown out too)

damarble said:
Lucky *******! I see many possibilities.... :D

Nice place you work too. If I pulled something out of the dumpster I would be unemployed the next day. :/ (and yes there have been working computers thown out too)
It wasn't our dumpster ;) The owner of the business I work at owns the whole strip, and rents the stores out. He doesn't provide dumpsters for any of them, so anything out there is fair game:D

Back