• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Love Gran Turismo Series? Check this out:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool, more incentive to wait for a PS3. Looks damn good, I've loved that entire series since it was released years back.

LogRus said:
This must be the best graphics for a racing simulator so far IMO...

looks ok, cant really see that much difference from the opening movies to gt4. played PGR on 360 yesterday.....graphics blew me away.

I love GT, but after you get to a certain point in the game it is almost impossible to progress. At least for me. Maybe my skills just aren't that good. I just got rid of GT4 about two months ago because it was damn near impossible to win any races after I got 50% through the game...lol.

Vision Gran Turismo is not GT5, it is just GT4 with upped graphics. It was used as a demo to show off the ps3 engine, which wasnt even running at full blast. GT5 is gonna look a lot better just to let you know ;) Read about it in PSM

looks pretty good, but i have never played any of the gran turismo series. Is it supposed to be a realistic racing simulator like GTR FIA GT Racing is for the pc, or is it just another racing game that is fairly unrealistic? The reason i want to know is i am going to be building a racing seat/chassis for use with simulation software with a high end racing wheel, pedals, clutch, shifter etc and am trying to find good realistic simulator software to use.

I'm not sure, but I think GT is a very realistic simulator based on my experience.

Aidenswarrior said:
Vision Gran Turismo is not GT5, it is just GT4 with upped graphics. It was used as a demo to show off the ps3 engine, which wasnt even running at full blast. GT5 is gonna look a lot better just to let you know ;) Read about it in PSM

Strange, I took my info from IGN.com and it says that this is a video of GT5. LINK: http://ps3.ign.com/objects/713/713809.html

IGN.com said:
Vision GT
Also known as: Vision Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 5 (GT5)

Do you have a link to PSM article? Or is it only in their magazine?

OMG - I cant wait. I just learned how to take pics from my PS2 to my thumbdrive. I bet you can get way better screenshots from GT5

516649_104_full.jpg

Heh. I've been playing since the original Gran Turismo came out in Japan. I managed to get myself a copy here and played it for about a year until it came out in English. Followed all the series since.

I'm excited for the new version, but the graphics look similiar to me. However, the sounds are far more realistic in my opinion.

-GearShift3r

Back