• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a NEW card? Need help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi Overclockers,

I was hoping I could get some good decent advice on buying a new videocard,

Here are my specs

CPU = AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.31 Ghz
Motherboard = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0
RAM = 24GB
PSU = DX-520WPS 520W
Current Video Card = EVGA Geforce GT 610 2GB DDR3 Memory Video Graphics Card by NVIDIA EVGA model #02G-P3-3619-KB

2) What is your budget? - ~$300

3) For how long are you planning to have this new card?

extended..as long as it lasts

4) What will the new Video Card be used for?

I would like to find a card that will support 3*27 inch monitors WQHD resolution on all 3 monitors. I am considering 3 Dell U2713HM-IPS-LED.

Mostly for work. I run hyper-v images and connect to clients on remote desktop
watching hd movies/netflix - I have a hdhomerun to watch cabletv
Some gaming. Like Farm simulator, nothing to resource intensive

Thanks alot,
Chris

My first card was an Nvdia 440 MX lol way back around 2000. I now have a 270X a 280 and just picked up a R9 290 which gets even better fps in Metro Last Light.

ASUS GTX 750Ti or ASUS R7 265

cba has probablyy already made a choice 6 months later, haha, but I thought I'd point out that 3 WQHD monitors is 1.33x the resolution of 4k, and nothing under a ~980 equivalent is pushing that setup. Would be sweet, though!

Hi, I could use help choosing a new card as well. But I'm a bit behind the curve on knowledge. I'll post specs later, but for now I'd just like to know what I need to know, if that makes sense. I'll explain. Right now, I know that there are 2 types of gpu.... Discreet and on board. I know that Discreet gpu 's have started carrying their own ram (for caching I suppose?) and heatsink. I also know that if you want dual monitors (which I do have in a mismatched set.... Truly terrible as one is wide-screen and the other is not :) ) you Ned a card. Other than that I'm not really sure what a gpu does, or how to choose what is best for my system. I mean of course get as much on board ram as you can, and the biggest specs... But what else factors in?

As I said I'm looking for a new card, but I'd like to do more than post my rig specs and a price range, although II will use those things myself to get a range of cards to choose from. I will say though that my system is old and I'm looking for a midrange card. I am kind of hoping that since my rig is so old I might be able to max out its gpu capabilities for a reasonable cost. BTW, I haven't updated my signature yet, but it's close enough to give you an idea... Mobo is the same, psu and cpu are being updated.

As I said though, I'm after different info for now. Thanks!

If you're not gaming, you could get away with something like the GT740 or R5 series cards. If you are, and I'm assuming you're only gaming on the widescreen (1080p?), the GTX960 or 970 would probably be best for you.

If you're not gaming, you could get away with something like the GT740 or R5 series cards. If you are, and I'm assuming you're only gaming on the widescreen (1080p?), the GTX960 or 970 would probably be best for you.

Well to be honest, I'm not gaming.... Yet. I like first person shooters and such as well as some other games, but the main use of the rig is just an all around machine. Whichever monitor shows the best pic will be the one I use though. I do have a problem with the resolution on the wider monitor though. Windows reports that it's max resolution is 640x480 unless I force it with CCC. In Linux I can match resolutions easily. I'm assuming it has to do with the kind of dvi cable I used (it's got a number of pins left out in the middle, dual link maybe? I'm not sure without a chart) my guess is that I'm getting bottle necked in there somewhere, either that or the projector I have hooked to it. I have a dvi splitter set up so that on side goes to the monitor and one goes to the projector, that way I can throw movies on the one screen and still work on the other. If I can't get it figured out I'll have to get a VGA splitter on the other screen instead and run it through there ( I just don't want to move my projector cord... It was a pain to snake through all the places it is :) )

I'll take a look @ the cards you suggested. Thank you

Edit: what is the difference between superclocked and over clocked?

Last edited:
Nothing. Superclock is just a naming scheme manufacturers use to denote that the card is overclocked straight out of the factory :thup:

Well for the gtx960 I ran across a "superclocked" and an "overclocked" edition. I'm assuming the OC addition just has better caps and heatsink /fan? Guess I could ha e figured that one out with a little thought :)

If they're from the same manufacturer, the Superclocked one is probably higher clocked than the Overclocked one. Just marketing schemes, as they'll likely both overclock to about the same level, depending on luck and all.

Well for the gtx960 I ran across a "superclocked" and an "overclocked" edition. I'm assuming the OC addition just has better caps and heatsink /fan? Guess I could ha e figured that one out with a little thought :)

I'm not sure if either one always has better parts on them over the other, but they're definitely both overclocked! :)

I'm going to take a crack at answering your questions as best I can.

Right now, I know that there are 2 types of gpu.... Discreet and on board. I know that Discreet gpu 's have started carrying their own ram (for caching I suppose?) and heatsink. Other than that I'm not really sure what a gpu does, or how to choose what is best for my system. I mean of course get as much on board ram as you can, and the biggest specs... But what else factors in?

Right - onboard and discreet. Onboard GPU refers to the GPU that is build into the CPU; a discreet GPU means a GPU card that you connect to the motherboard separately (it's a dedicated GPU).

Yes, discreet GPUs have their own ram (called VRAM - separate from your computer's RAM) and cooling solution; barring water-cooling, that usually means heatsinks with fans blowing across them.

A GPU is "a programmable logic chip that renders images, animations and video for the computer's screen." -PCmag

So basically, it's a graphics-focused version of a CPU. It spends all it's time calculating what needs to go on the screen and where. If you're running something like a 3D game (all of them nowadays) it's gotta render the whole environment, etc., and that's why you need such powerful discreet cards for modern gaming.

Choosing what's best for your system depends on what [the toughest GPU-based thing] you're looking to do is (email/internet or gaming), what monitor resolution you'll be doing it at, and your budget. The higher the resolution is, the harder the same task will be on the GPU, as it's got more pixels to calculate and output.

Yes, more VRAM is always better (although it can be in excess), but GPU architecture, cores, shader units, ROPs, wattage rating, etc., all factor into it. The best way to judge between cards is to Google benchmarks and look through them. Then you'll see how cards stack against each other.

I also know that if you want dual monitors (which I do have in a mismatched set.... Truly terrible as one is wide-screen and the other is not :) ) you Ned a card.

Well, not in theory. Modern onboard GPUs are perfectly capable of handling day-to-day tasks on two monitors. Gaming - absolutely not. Haha
However a card might be helpful in terms of connectivity between your GPU and your monitors - depends on the setup in question.

As I said I'm looking for a new card, but I'd like to do more than post my rig specs and a price range, although II will use those things myself to get a range of cards to choose from. I will say though that my system is old and I'm looking for a midrange card. I am kind of hoping that since my rig is so old I might be able to max out its gpu capabilities for a reasonable cost. BTW, I haven't updated my signature yet, but it's close enough to give you an idea... Mobo is the same, psu and cpu are being updated.

I respect your reasons for doing so, it just makes it a little harder to give exact suggestions, but that's totally alright.
You're right though, I'm guessing your rig is 4-5 years old? A midrange card should definitely be able to max out the rig before the GPU hit's bottlenecks - especially with 4GB of system ram.

Well to be honest, I'm not gaming.... Yet. I like first person shooters and such as well as some other games, but the main use of the rig is just an all around machine. Whichever monitor shows the best pic will be the one I use though. I do have a problem with the resolution on the wider monitor though. Windows reports that it's max resolution is 640x480 unless I force it with CCC. In Linux I can match resolutions easily. I'm assuming it has to do with the kind of dvi cable I used (it's got a number of pins left out in the middle, dual link maybe? I'm not sure without a chart) my guess is that I'm getting bottle necked in there somewhere, either that or the projector I have hooked to it. I have a dvi splitter set up so that on side goes to the monitor and one goes to the projector, that way I can throw movies on the one screen and still work on the other. If I can't get it figured out I'll have to get a VGA splitter on the other screen instead and run it through there ( I just don't want to move my projector cord... It was a pain to snake through all the places it is :) )

I'll take a look @ the cards you suggested. Thank you

Hmm, that's an interesting issue. I'm no expert on DVI cables or multi-screen setup, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

It'd help if you could post the model numbers of the monitors so we can get an idea of what we're looking at here - what their max/intended resolutions are (I'm almost positive it's not 640x480) unless they're REALLY old.

Yep, he definitely made some good suggestions for what you're looking at - keep an eye in that direction.

I'm going to take a crack at answering your questions as best I can.

Thank you kindly sir :) I appreciate the help. I dont wanna be a knoob forever !

Yes, discreet GPUs have their own ram (called VRAM - separate from your computer's RAM) and cooling solution; barring water-cooling, that usually means heatsinks with fans blowing across them.

I thought VRAM was short for Virtual Ram? But we are talking physical ram here right? And your explanation of it being sort of like a dedicated graphics cpu really helps me to know what that thing is besides the "picture doohiky" :)

I respect your reasons for doing so, it just makes it a little harder to give exact suggestions, but that's totally alright.
You're right though, I'm guessing your rig is 4-5 years old? A midrange card should definitely be able to max out the rig before the GPU hit's bottlenecks - especially with 4GB of system ram.
4-5 yrs old? Naw ! Ive only had it for about 6 months! When I asked the ASUS tech how old my board was he said "Well we do have the Crosshair V now...." I should really do an introduction post at this site but long story short , last time I had a pc before the past year was when XP premiered . Now Im building them. Alot of years of info to cover when you just want your rig working right away :) gb

And that's 8bg of ram :) 2x2gb corsair and 2x2gb kingston (I'm touchy about it because it still fells like alot :) ) But still I get your point. Is there a metric for calculating the bottleneck so I can know where to steer away from?

Hmm, that's an interesting issue. I'm no expert on DVI cables or multi-screen setup, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

It'd help if you could post the model numbers of the monitors so we can get an idea of what we're looking at here - what their max/intended resolutions are (I'm almost positive it's not 640x480) unless they're REALLY old.

Yep, he definitely made some good suggestions for what you're looking at - keep an eye in that direction.[/QUOTE]

If need be Ill post about that in the appropriate forum (but seriously if someone wants to solve that problem, then SWEET!) but its not a real high priority because I have workarounds and Im certain I might find the answer if I would look in the right places. As far as make and model on the displays though they dont really say anything on the outside except the brand and the rig isnt booting right now while I wait for its new cpu so the best I can give you is HP and NoName I Bought at the Pawnshop (come to think of it that might not be the actual brand of the second one ....) The HP cries at me if I set it any less than 1280 x 1024 and I dont believe that it goes any high without forcing it with CCC. The other as I said must be forced past 640x480 and I am pretty sure its capable of more as well. Like I said though Ill figure it out eventually. I know Ill game in the future but for now its only used for more mundane purposes. (Holy this is going to be a long post!)

Now Ill got back to the format as closely as I can just to be helpful. I did look at the cards you suggested and drooled a bit over the Vram and clock speed and then I cried about the price. I know a good gpu will set a guy back , and I know my price range is way low, but those prices were a real kick in the @$*&$! :)

1) Specs: Specs are in the sig as well but here we go....
Proc: AMD Phenom II x4 965BE
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair II Formula (thats the order the words are in one the box and the website, I think Formula II makes more sense as well)
PSU: EPower Top-650PM (Even though it says 650 in the name it says 600w on the sticker in the box. Also Topwer webiste lists a 600PM and a 750PM but now a 650....weird, but budget friendly)
RAM: 8gb
Current card : Ati Radeon R5 220 (plenty good for now but I will want to game someday!)

2) Budget: Cheap to Free. The less I spend the better :) I supposed I could save and afford the suggested cards but Im looking for a bang for the buck x quick option. Ive been looking on the auction sites and those things are still hot items that carry a hefty tag. I know thats not a real answer but its a true one :)

3) Time Frame for having the card? I dont know what if they come out with DDR6 tommorow and it only costs $2 for a 10,000 Ghz card? Then Ill be dumping this one and getting that one, but for now lets just say that if I dont outgrow it Ill be keeping it. Meaning that if they never make a game I want to play that taxes the card I wont ever change it. At this point I dont even have any games picked out to play because Im still building the rig .

So basically Ive walked into your guys bar here and said "Give me Your Biggest ,Strongest, Cheapest drink " and expected not to get slapped ! If you have any seuggestions after all that by all means throw them my way, but since some of my earlier questions were answered nicely I am better able to research now , so thank you

Thank you kindly sir :) I appreciate the help. I dont wanna be a knoob forever !

Of course! :thup:
I know more than I did yesterday, and a lot more than I did last year - it's the same for anyone with an eager-to-learn attitude :D

I thought VRAM was short for Virtual Ram? But we are talking physical ram here right? And your explanation of it being sort of like a dedicated graphics cpu really helps me to know what that thing is besides the "picture doohiky" :)

VRAM stands for Video Memory - the physical memory onboard the GPU. RAM is the phyical memory plugged separately into the motherboard. Virtual Ram is when you're using all your system RAM (your 8GB) and have to use storage space on your hard drive as a temporary holding place for the things that can't be held in RAM (this is bad). Haha

I'm glad that helped! Maybe I can explain what I just said above a little better. GPUs have physical ram - VRAM - and the computer in general has physical ram - RAM. Both are physical ram. Virtual ram is something that's used when you run out of RAM space so that your computer doesn't crash (just slows down a lot). You won't run into this problem with 8GB of RAM unless you're maxing out the absolute newest gaming titles, and still even them probably not.

4-5 yrs old? Naw ! Ive only had it for about 6 months! When I asked the ASUS tech how old my board was he said "Well we do have the Crosshair V now...." I should really do an introduction post at this site but long story short , last time I had a pc before the past year was when XP premiered . Now Im building them. Alot of years of info to cover when you just want your rig working right away :) gb

Haha I'll be honest with my methods - I looked up the processor (maybe before you updated your signature?) and just presumed the computer was made around it's release date. That was a broad generalization on my part :bang head:

I feel you! I studied it all for practically two years before I started building them myself last year.

And that's 8bg of ram :) 2x2gb corsair and 2x2gb kingston (I'm touchy about it because it still fells like alot :) ) But still I get your point. Is there a metric for calculating the bottleneck so I can know where to steer away from?

Oops, misread your signature. Haha don't worry, 8GB is still plenty; I just wouldn't recommend 4GB nowadays, but that's irrelevant in this conversation now. Lol

If need be Ill post about that in the appropriate forum (but seriously if someone wants to solve that problem, then SWEET!) but its not a real high priority because I have workarounds and Im certain I might find the answer if I would look in the right places. As far as make and model on the displays though they dont really say anything on the outside except the brand and the rig isnt booting right now while I wait for its new cpu so the best I can give you is HP and NoName I Bought at the Pawnshop (come to think of it that might not be the actual brand of the second one ....) The HP cries at me if I set it any less than 1280 x 1024 and I dont believe that it goes any high without forcing it with CCC. The other as I said must be forced past 640x480 and I am pretty sure its capable of more as well. Like I said though Ill figure it out eventually. I know Ill game in the future but for now its only used for more mundane purposes. (Holy this is going to be a long post!)

Sounds good!

Now Ill got back to the format as closely as I can just to be helpful. I did look at the cards you suggested and drooled a bit over the Vram and clock speed and then I cried about the price. I know a good gpu will set a guy back , and I know my price range is way low, but those prices were a real kick in the @$*&$! :)

1) Specs: Specs are in the sig as well but here we go....
Proc: AMD Phenom II x4 965BE
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair II Formula (thats the order the words are in one the box and the website, I think Formula II makes more sense as well)
PSU: EPower Top-650PM (Even though it says 650 in the name it says 600w on the sticker in the box. Also Topwer webiste lists a 600PM and a 750PM but now a 650....weird, but budget friendly)
RAM: 8gb
Current card : Ati Radeon R5 220 (plenty good for now but I will want to game someday!)

2) Budget: Cheap to Free. The less I spend the better :) I supposed I could save and afford the suggested cards but Im looking for a bang for the buck x quick option. Ive been looking on the auction sites and those things are still hot items that carry a hefty tag. I know thats not a real answer but its a true one :)

3) Time Frame for having the card? I dont know what if they come out with DDR6 tommorow and it only costs $2 for a 10,000 Ghz card? Then Ill be dumping this one and getting that one, but for now lets just say that if I dont outgrow it Ill be keeping it. Meaning that if they never make a game I want to play that taxes the card I wont ever change it. At this point I dont even have any games picked out to play because Im still building the rig .

1) I'll just make a quick comment for when you're building in the future. Never ever use a cheap/no-name power supply in your computer. The power supply feeds everything else in the computer, and if it's bad, it will supply lower-than-advertised wattage to the components at the wrong voltage, which in the worst scenarios, can fry your components and/or catch fire (worst case scenario). This is especially important if you're thinking of putting a shiny new graphics card in - that's like feeding an olympic athlete McDonalds and expecting them to perform reliably.

2) Yeah this things cost a pretty penny.

3) That's funny that you say that. All current cards are using GDDR5 memory, but AMD is about to launch cards this month with HBM memory that has significantly higher bandwidth. They might only initially launch with 4GB of VRAM, though. (I say 'only' 4GB because I'm currently looking around for 6-8GB, but 4GB is plenty for the vast majority of people right now). That kind of memory is the future, but whether or not it's worth the bandwidth with the first generation vs having more GDDR5 VRAM is debatable. If I was looking for a card in the next couple of months and it was between say 4GB of HBM or 6GB of GDDR5, I'd probably take the 6GB unless I saw results that showed the higher bandwidth of HBM allowed less VRAM to be used at any given time compared to GDDR5, (thus offsetting the lower amount of it).
I don't think you really need to worry about that, though. Plus, I put more emphasis on VRAM than most people around here, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

So basically Ive walked into your guys bar here and said "Give me Your Biggest ,Strongest, Cheapest drink " and expected not to get slapped ! If you have any seuggestions after all that by all means throw them my way, but since some of my earlier questions were answered nicely I am better able to research now , so thank you

Haha well we're happy to sit down with you at the counter and talk about the drinks all day long, but it's up to you to pull out your wallet and buy one or not! [ metaphor city today :ty:]

As far as additional suggestions go: Nvidia just launched their new flagship card at $650, but the rest of their current line is already out. AMD is getting ready to launch their new line next week, I believe, so I'd wait to see what happens with that.

Hope this helps!

Haha I'll be honest with my methods - I looked up the processor (maybe before you updated your signature?) and just presumed the computer was made around it's release date. That was a broad generalization on my part :bang head:

I feel you! I studied it all for practically two years before I started building them myself last year.
No worries, I actually did the update right before my last post, and you're in the right ballpark. I was just trying g to joke about the fact that even though my rig is old (quite old in technology standards) that it's still new to me. Kinda like getting used car and fixing it up.
1) I'll just make a quick comment for when you're building in the future. Never ever use a cheap/no-name power supply in your computer. The power supply feeds everything else in the computer, and if it's bad, it will supply lower-than-advertised wattage to the components at the wrong voltage, which in the worst scenarios, can fry your components and/or catch fire (worst case scenario). This is especially important if you're thinking of putting a shiny new graphics card in - that's like feeding an olympic athlete McDonalds and expecting them to perform reliably.
Yeah I know, I know..... =) a quick note on topower though to explain my comment. I read in the psu guide that a recommended brand was topowers with a different sticker( I forget which brand) , which is something that fussbudgets like myself looooove :) Also the brand (not this series of psu) scored high over @ Johnny guru so to more like feeding your athlete mid range greasy spoon grub :) however when I go to the topower site my psu isn't there. There's is one below in the same series, and just above but not mine. And then there is the naming discrepancy.... I suppose amazon might have listed the name incorrectly, but the name says 650 and it's only 600. Still enough for me though!
2) Yeah this things cost, a pretty penny.
!

Yep, and my pretty penny was spent on an HD 7790! I was going to look more, but the price was right and the black clock was ticking. Ifigure with 1gb of ddr5 I should be happy for awhile, at least until I catch up on a few games

And yeah you guys did help, thank you!

1. Specs:

CPU = old Intel e8600 (64-bit processor from 2008, clocked 3.33 GHz, 6 MB cache), lapped by the previous owner, equipped with a mid-range after-market cooler (similar structure to the box cooler and only a little taller, with 3 heatpipes and a single 92-ish fan)
Motherboard = Asus P5Q-E
RAM = A-DATA Vitesta 4x2 GB @ 800 MHz (w/factory heatsinks)
PSU = OCZ ZS 650 (46A/550W, one undivided 12V rail)
Current Video Card = nVidia 460 GTX (dead or crippled), ATI HD 4850 with Accelero heatsink and 12 cm fan (the previous card, which I reverted to)
HDD = Samsung F1, IIRC it's SATA2 and not very fast but not too bad either

2. Budget is irrelevant, it seems, as I live in Poland and prices really differ a lot here. Everything is more expensive than in Western Europe, let alone the USA, and where card A is cheaper than card B in the US, card B can be cheaper than card B in Poland. (Shipment from a different country where cards are cheaper would probably be expensive enough to cancel out the difference anyway.)

However, for comparison: The cheapest sensible option seems to be GTX 480 or GTX 560 or Radeon 6950, all priced around PLN 300 (for comparison, a used 460 would cost 250, 200 if you're lucky). Titanium cards (750ti) or the 270 series of Radeons will cost PLN 400-450. So will GTX 570, GTX 660 etc. or the odd Radeon 8770. Radeons from the 7850 and 7890 series will be a bit more expensive. Radeons from the 7900 series will cost about PLN 600 or a bit more, just like Radeon 280X or the best prices for a GF GTX 960.

A brand new 960 is out of the question as too expensive (above PLN 800, which I can't really afford and definitely can't justify).

Used cards sometimes come with better factory or after-market cooiling without affecting the price (twin fans on large heatsinks, or WindForce 3, or Accelero Twin Turbo; sometimes a large fan the size of the entire card).

3) For how long are you planning to have this new card?

Probably 2 years. It's difficult to tell when I might be replacing my entire computer, especially considering that I don't really need a replacement and that I have a lot of more pressing expenses both at work and in private life.

4) What will the new Video Card be used for?
--- a) Hard-Core Gaming - LOVE GAMING!
--- b) Mixed = Some gaming but not much, a card that will let me play at least at medium/high settings.
--- c) A cheap-o card on which I might be able to game sometimes, not much power needed.
--- d) My grandpa wouldn't care what kind of a card it is, but he'd like to watch DVD's.
5) If Gaming, please tells us the games you're planning to play. Please list as many as you'd love to play.

Games-wise, my absolute priority is no crashes in Starcraft 2 or Shogun 2 ranked games or preferably any multiplayer whatsoever.
Games:

Existing: Starcraft 2, Crusader Kings 2, SimCity (the current version), Dragon Age 1, Grid 1, Grid 2, stuff like the Anno series. Expected: Grand Ages Medieval, Dirt 4. If they ever come out within the card's lifespan and before my next PC purchase: Warcraft 4, Red Alert 4.

BUT, there is an important concern relating to work: I'm hypersensitive to vibrations and not really comfortable with loud sounds either, and I really work long hours on this computer. I really would appreciate the ability to go passive or close to passive when not actually gaming. I'd rather not hear a loud fan when no music or ambient is playing in a game.

Next, the PC sits almost in the very corner of the room, under my desk. It's cold there, but airflow is probably far from good. The case is a midi tower. The distance between a GFX fan on a large heatsink and the case floor is like 5 cm/2 inches. I have no way of using an intake sysfan, I only have an exhaust sysfan (in addition to exhaust provided by the PSU fan and the GFX fan, as well as case wings usually being removed). From what I've heard, a reference-style cooler, a 'blower' could be better (probably meaning a fan inserted right inside the heastink, between the ribs, exporting the air straight out the case, not installed above the heatsink and pushing air around the case).

hey guys.

i was curious if anyone has a recommendation for a good quality inexpensive graphics card. im on a budget of about $100 $150 (its not much but hey... im 16) right now i am using the onboard graphics of my motherboard (msi 880GM-E41) and was looking to upgrade to something that is better. i have been looking at the MSI Radeon R7 250($80). but was wondering if anyone has used this paticular card? or if they had somthing better that is relitivly cheep and still fast.

hey guys.

i was curious if anyone has a recommendation for a good quality inexpensive graphics card. im on a budget of about $100 $150 (its not much but hey... im 16) right now i am using the onboard graphics of my motherboard (msi 880GM-E41) and was looking to upgrade to something that is better. i have been looking at the MSI Radeon R7 250($80). but was wondering if anyone has used this paticular card? or if they had somthing better that is relitivly cheep and still fast.

I'd go with either this or this, depending on how much you actually want to spend. Both perform better, if I remember correctly.

750ti should overclock pretty good, and I loved the 270x I had so I imagine the 370x being a bit better than that.
270x runs a lot of games at medium to high settings.

Nvidia is more smooth for gaming though. AMD cards at least for me, I could still feel the micro-studder they have.

Back