• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Dell 30 INCH LCD MONITOR 14 MS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think it will be cool. Like one user said in the dell thread, they probably nixed the inputs so it didnt take away from tv sales. Kind of sad but its still an impressive monitor. I just got a 2005 FPW so I'm set for a few years anyway. My next monitor will probably be oled. ;)

Voodoo Rufus said:
As long as it supports HDCP decoding it doesn't really matter what digital connection it has.

It does when your components are HDMI and you already have the cables. I really don't want to spend more to make it work. Know what I mean?

I think it is still a big disappointement. I think whatever the performance unless there are the ports I wont be getting it.

I need connectivity. I think most of the people here want it to.

So u dont want to take sales away from TV sets but it wont in my opinion. Did the 24"? I still bought my 60" Pioneer plasma and my sis still bought her 40" LCD so I dont understand what there talking about.

Shame on Dell. Thinking of it technically...higher resolution and single dvi connection, maybe if I was upgrading from a small monitor I would consider it but from dell 24" to 30 I think people will be more less inclined.

What do u think people? Still going to get this with just a dvi port?

Wwing49 said:
boys boys boys... THIS is what you should look at.

LOL

Another one of those scam sites. I don't know how many times I've seen that monitor listed like that on sites.

if it was a scam, they would have set up some sort of store... The company used to be around way back when but ran out of funds. They are starting to set back up again. That I think is mostly concept right now but I dont think its entirely fictional.

I wonder what the price will be and if the release of this monitor will have any affect on the pricing of the 20" and 24" screens?

Definitely affected the 2405 price at $899 now

How soon can they have SLI in Quad? So we can crank this thing up? lol :p

dfonda said:
Definitely affected the 2405 price at $899 now

How soon can they have SLI in Quad? So we can crank this thing up? lol :p

How soon can anyone afford quad sli ? That is just insane, I hated payin for a sinlge 7800gt, much less two, or god forbid four.

WaTTz said:
How soon can anyone afford quad sli ? That is just insane, I hated payin for a sinlge 7800gt, much less two, or god forbid four.
oi i hear ya
i still havent figured out how i stomached 3 gtxs (not 3 @ once, but buying them on diff occassions)

I would think 2 7800GTX 512's could push that res...but I would just get it and cut the res in half and it would still be in native scale (4 pixels to display 1..I doubt many people could even notice from 2 feet away).

The DVI in-only is very weak though, man, I mean how can you release the 2405 then go and release something with only DVI?

oh well

Why are you guys so upset about HDMI? all it carrys is audio which the new screen doesnt have and speakers? also Data right problems. imagin watching a ripped DVD and the monitor turns of because Of DRM! yea for DVI.

Blackmage said:
Why are you guys so upset about HDMI? all it carrys is audio which the new screen doesnt have and speakers? also Data right problems. imagin watching a ripped DVD and the monitor turns of because Of DRM! yea for DVI.

the true reason they are upset is because they cant afford this seksi beast of a monitor.

Back