• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital Caviar 250GB IDE $55 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
g0dM@n said:
Ditto on first and 2nd sentence.

How much of a performance gain is there really from 2mb cache to 8mb cache? I never really saw it... can someone explain where you would see the difference... like loading a game or something?

I had this IBM "deathstar" 80gb HD with 2mb cache..upgraded to this Maxtor 300gb with 16mb of cache..I say there is no difference..or hard to tell..btw I ordered 1 for myself :)

REFURb

Remember that it's refurbed.. you have to be sure to keep your data safe and stuff... I've heard a lot about refurbs dying out... Just a warning

damn it.. i wanted 3 too :(

can someone tell me the most common online shops out there?
i know there is: newegg.com, woot.com

Last edited:
SybrCLocK said:
damn it.. i wanted 3 too :(

can someone tell me the most common online shops out there?
i know there is: newegg.com, woot.com

Woot is one of a kind, one item per day. Other good online computer sites are zipzoomfly, jabtech, monarch, ummmmmm, other people will post more.

My two favs are zipzoomfly and newegg, by far.

I have the model which is 120gigs. 7200ATA100-2meg cache That is my RAID1 storage setup. I could not be happier.

When I had it setup as my primary in RAID0. It actually did very well for itself. I got 2 @$35 each when Best Buy had them on special. For storage drives good pick. It did better than my Speedy Maxtor while in RAID1. It held a 70-80 in HDtach. For those who got 2. Your going to be happy to run them in RAID as storage.

Back