• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital Caviar 250GB IDE $55 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
meh it'll work good enough for a storage drive :)
and it came out to 59.xx shipped

i feel so giddy, it is my first woot :)

~Magick_Man~

Quaxor said:
Just ordered one in preparation of getting an xbox for x-mas.

I am still thinking of getting one of these HD and an xbox at same time..but I do not have a xbox..don't feel like getting one for $100ish dollars...damn :(

CordialSpam said:
but no one ever check that thread..I only post some deals on computer stuffs..O well I guess I'll post woot's deal in that thread in the future.
yeah, I don't like it either. I for one never check the thread, but their rules are rules... Oh well. Still sucks it was a refurb. I would have bought a bunch of them for a raid 5 storage box.

im glad this has its own thread. its worthy enough I say. good find. Im really thinking about this one

by the way - referb hard drives go through alot more tests then normal hard drives after then have been referbished just to make sure they wont die. Honestly, i trust them way more then a normal retail hard drive. This is just me though. and they are cheaper!

I'd pick one up if I hadn't ordered that 300gb Maxtor SATA from Fry's for $90 :D
...which I'm still waiting for :mad:

I got two for $104.98 with shipping!
My first woot as well, and I couldn't pass up .5TB for $100...2mb cache isn't great, but I need space more than performance, and as a poor graduate student, this fits the bill.

Woot!

brickout said:
I got two for $104.98 with shipping!
My first woot as well, and I couldn't pass up .5TB for $100...2mb cache isn't great, but I need space more than performance, and as a poor graduate student, this fits the bill.

Woot!
Ditto on first and 2nd sentence.

How much of a performance gain is there really from 2mb cache to 8mb cache? I never really saw it... can someone explain where you would see the difference... like loading a game or something?

I thought the gains were to be had primarily in games. Not in the initial loading, but intermittent texture loading and things like that.

I need mine just for mass storage, so sustained read/write is more important than large data caching.

Back