• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plz suggest a good case/psu for my application.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XZit

Heyall.
I just got a new system, and I'm trying to figure out what case and psu to get.

I'm sorta on a budget. I'd like to keep the psu and the case when togheter at $150 or under if possible.

I'd prefer a full tower case, but with my budget thats doubtful.
So anyhow a mid tower will do--as long as it has good cooling, the cabability for more cooling mods, looks somewhat nice.
And the psu has to be 400watts+

Heres my graphics card for an idea of height/width: x800gto2. Dunno if that will help you to think of what case will work the best---but ya.

So anyhow what do you guys suggest?

(plz supply links/pics)

Thanks!!
pz

Will this case fit my stuff?
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=312199&pfp=cat3

My stuff:
Dfi LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D
X800gto2

So will that super lan boy case fit a normal sized power supply, my motherboard, and have enough room for the gpu sticking out to the side??

Says it will fit a atx motherboard format, so the motherboard will fit---however the size of the gpu, and the power supply-I'm trying to think if it will all fit togheter.
I like that case I linked to though--nice window, 2 120mm fans, and areas to plop in more fans/do mods.

pz

I'd suggest spending a bit more on the case personally. Think of it this way, a case is actually an investment. It's the only component of your computer which will last through 2-3 system upgrades.

Personally I'd get an Antec P180 and pair it with a PSU of your choice. The Antec PlusView 2 however is a solid tower case. Nothing special, but all the regular Antec goodness.

My personal favourites with PSU's are the Antec TruePower series or the OCZ PurePower series.

If you want to look at cheap PSU's the the TTGI Super Flower PSU's are worth a look but recommend sticking with Antec or OCZ, :shrug:

The Antec SLK3000B is a very economical case with excellent build quality, twin 120mm fan mounts, 6-drive cage with rubber mounts, air intake filter and a modular 3.5" bay. It goes for around UA$40 at most US retailers.

The Antec TruePower series PSUs are fairly decent and are inexpensive.

hafa said:
The Antec SLK3000B is a very economical case with excellent build quality, twin 120mm fan mounts, 6-drive cage with rubber mounts, air intake filter and a modular 3.5" bay. It goes for around UA$40 at most US retailers.

The Antec TruePower series PSUs are fairly decent and are inexpensive.

That does it, the SLK3000B + TruePower PSU has my vote :cool:

Sup guys?
I just bought a antec smart power 500watt tonight. Read good reviews on it on newegg.com
I didn't want to wait for the slow *** ups shipping, or pay the extra $10+ for fedex, so I went ahead and went to a local store to buy it. I paid about $15 or so then newegg.com
But its all good

Becuase I was with my mom-and I was looking at cases (was planning on buying one tonight as well) and she said that her and my dad would just buy me a case for Xmas!!

So now I gotta go look around for good cases ;)

So in reality-the extra $$ wasn't a big deal--esspecially how I'll get a case for xmas. :)

pz

The Smart Power wouldn't exactly be my choice. A 500W Smart Power would be equivalent to 480W (probably a bit less) True Power PSU but with worse voltage regulation. Still, better than your average PSU.

Recommend looking at the Antec P150 and P180 cases for the most kickass cases around.

Back