Dual Core On x64

Any special one click reccommended for an 820 running x64 OS?

btw i know the links are down, so can someone upload for me?

Thanks

You know, there's one other option called "set it up yourself", huh?

Really, I see most of you here go hog wild with the Wedo one clicks when setting up just one client and while it's easy for the lazy people, it's really not necessay. To set up the console version without the one click is literally as easy as copying the executagle into a folder and then running the executable. The first time you start a new client, it will run though a simple configuration dialogue. If you do a search here you will see multiple times where a pic has been posted showing the questions and answers to set the client up. I highly recommend that you at least set up 1 client manually so that you aren't stuck like a bug in a rug if the 1 click links go down like now.

Here's a pic on how to set one up manually that sets a machine for timeless tinkers. I made this yesterday for someone on another forum for his laptop. It took me about 2 minutes to set this up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Headphone Guru
    setting the flags are fun as well. If you do the console install, ya getta go into the registry and set stuff like -local -forceasm -verbosity 9 (and a personal favorite - advmethods)

This is good information, however Tollhouse, could you elaborate on the registry locations? Thanks in advance.

edit: do you need to add the flags in the registry? Again, simply curious.

- Jim

Super Shark Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jstutman
    Any special one click reccommended for an 820 running x64 OS?

btw i know the links are down, so can someone upload for me?

Thanks
    for 820, if you have more than 1gig of ram, I would say runing dual QMD. if "just" 1gig, you might want to run 1 QMD, 1 BP or adv only unless it's a dedicated folder.

PM me for the files if you need.
    ~~~ Currently Inactive Mode ~~~

Got SOLD? MOVE your own thread!

Folding User Stats
    How many GHz of Intel + Nvidia folding power? Dunno! Lost count!

| F@H Vista Sidebar gadget | F@H Yahoo Widget | F@H iGoogle gadget |

| My Heatware | My New HTPC 3.0: Server/Client setup + Better energy efficiency |

Well update. I found all the wedo one clicks on my pc, thank god for being a file saver. As of now, im running just 1 qmd. With a completion of around 24 hours.

I ran the dual, one click and for some reason, FAH2 never downloaded, started or anything. Even after starting and stopping the services. SO there is 2 services and 2 folders but just one instance is running.

Senior Newbie Cannon-Fodder - R. I. P. good buddy :( pscout's Avatar
    not sure what your oc is but am guessing that 2 qmd's will get you 100-200 ppd more than just 1 ... i get about 250 ppd more on my oc'ed 830's.

However, they are dedicated to folding ... i haven't done much on them when dual folding so cannot attest to impact on responsiveness. Would be interested in your comments since i am turn one of them into my main rig.

Watch your temps tho ... folding 2 qmd's is as good as 2 prime95's for generating heat.
    Main Rig - p5b-d, E6600@3.15
    Folding rigs - usually linux-64:
    2xQ6600 B3 @3.0, 3.1 p5w64, DS3
    4x Q6600 GO @ 3.1-3.3 on p35-DS3R/DS3L, p5k
    4x x3210 B3 @3.0-3.1 on DS3 rev 3.3
    x3220 B3 @3.0 on g33-ds2r
    3x E6600 @2.8-3.5 on p5b, ds3, p5w64
    E6320 @ 3.15 on ds3
    1x930 c1 @4.0 on p5wd2-E

Folding for OCF Team 32 as pete_scout

Quote Originally Posted by muddocktor
    You know, there's one other option called "set it up yourself", huh?

Really, I see most of you here go hog wild with the Wedo one clicks when setting up just one client and while it's easy for the lazy people, it's really not necessay. To set up the console version without the one click is literally as easy as copying the executagle into a folder and then running the executable. The first time you start a new client, it will run though a simple configuration dialogue. If you do a search here you will see multiple times where a pic has been posted showing the questions and answers to set the client up. I highly recommend that you at least set up 1 client manually so that you aren't stuck like a bug in a rug if the 1 click links go down like now.

Here's a pic on how to set one up manually that sets a machine for timeless tinkers. I made this yesterday for someone on another forum for his laptop. It took me about 2 minutes to set this up.
    The only thing about that method, is the registry entries don't seem to have a 'parameters' folder with the -advmethods and other flags...unless i'm missing something. I could never find one.
    archlinux: Power in simplicity.
    Amiga 1000 microATX mod

Personally, I don't like running the clients as a sevice on my machines, but start them automatically with a shortcut in the start menu and put them in the systray with TrayIt!, because it's easier for me to start and stop the client, but if you want to start it as a service, then you need to go to where your services are at in registry. On this machine, it is set up at the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\F AH@C:+Folding example(this is the actual folder you have the executable in)+FAH502-Console.exe

You will recognize it by the -svcstart flag at the end of the enty. To add more flags, double click that entry then add the flags you want such as -advmethods or -forceasm after the -svcstart flag, leaving a space between flags. After adding the appropriate flags, click OK and you are done and can restart the service.

I also use TrayIt! to put Outlook Express and WMP in the systray when minimized too, to get them off the taskbar. TrayIt! has a very small memory footprint, 880k on this machine while running.

Thanks for the tip. The 820 is a dedicated folding rig for now, I gave it 2 gigs of ram to handle those qmd's so i will get the fah2 up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by pscout
    not sure what your oc is but am guessing that 2 qmd's will get you 100-200 ppd more than just 1 ... i get about 250 ppd more on my oc'ed 830's.

However, they are dedicated to folding ... i haven't done much on them when dual folding so cannot attest to impact on responsiveness. Would be interested in your comments since i am turn one of them into my main rig.

Watch your temps tho ... folding 2 qmd's is as good as 2 prime95's for generating heat.