• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered my Opty 170..*Crosses fingers*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BstOnTheBrain

Registered
Well i just finished ordering my Opty 170 from TigerDirect.com and hoping its a good stepping or not damaged..they had it in stock for pretty cheap ($465 Shipped) Retail HSF so i decided not to wait and ordered it..hopefully i dont run into any problems with my DFi Expert and 7800GTX iv been reading about around here :X Ill let you know what stepping i wind up with

FYI, I just ordered a 175 from Newegg That was $475 OEM. If the heatsink is worth it for you, go ahead, but you might want to look into getting a better OEM processor for the same price...

Achilles17 said:
FYI, I just ordered a 175 from Newegg That was $475 OEM. If the heatsink is worth it for you, go ahead, but you might want to look into getting a better OEM processor for the same price...

Iv read alot of stuff about the OEM being refurbished or damaged and/or having bad steppings so i opted for the Retail HSF..it happened to one of my friends and for that much money id rather not risk it..plus i can always sell whatever i dont need on eBay and the 170 and 175 are practically the same CPU

If you say the 170 and 175 are the same CPU, that can apply to the 165 and 170 being the same. The 170 and 175 are 200mhz apart, and if you go for the 175, you have a higher chance of getting the better steppings due to the fact that it's more expensive then the 170, thus making it less ordered. I doubt the OEM should have too much of a difference from the Retails. The only benefits of a retail would probably be a better stepping because less people pick retails.

I'm planning to get the 175 OEM off Monarch.

Achilles17 said:
hmmm...maybe I should cancel my order and get the retail?

Neweggs has always been good sending out the best products..i wouldnt worry about it til i get it

darksparkz said:
If you say the 170 and 175 are the same CPU, that can apply to the 165 and 170 being the same. The 170 and 175 are 200mhz apart, and if you go for the 175, you have a higher chance of getting the better steppings due to the fact that it's more expensive then the 170, thus making it less ordered. I doubt the OEM should have too much of a difference from the Retails. The only benefits of a retail would probably be a better stepping because less people pick retails.

I'm planning to get the 175 OEM off Monarch.

Everyone iv read that have gotten the 165's have got GREAT steppings and are able to hit 2.6, 2.7 easy on air

That's probably because according to rumors the best batch of 165s has already been released and supplies for the best batch is slowing down. But then that is probably all rumors, I've seen people with other steppings OC just as good too, depends on your luck.

Well, i just got it came with my new bindings..its not a great stepping CCBWE 0544XPMW..i think what im gonna do is return it for either credit where ill get another part or a refund and just buy it somewhere else..i know im going to get it somewhere else seeing as how i can get it around $40 cheaper and hope for something better; no problem :)

Back