• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new mobo wanted, help needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

papercutout

If you plan on overclocking, and why not, the DFI and the Abit Nf7-s are the best ocing socet a boards there are.

Make sure the nf7-s is a ver 2, the earlier versions avg abot a 100 mhz oc...lol

Yeah, overclockings good, i'm just starting, so i want to make it easy for myself.
did they have eithr of those boards on ebuyer or overclocker?
thanks

i was looking at some of the msi delta's (k7n2 delta fsr, and k7n2 delta-l), as they seem Ok, but i dont really know.
(neither ebuyer or overclockers stocked any socket A abit's...)

Oooops, forgot to mention the socket a part in my previous post. lol. Anyway, i did see the socket a mobos on dfi's website, but I could not find them for sale anywhere. Am I missing something?

i dont think so, because i cant seem to find any socket a dfi's around AT ALL! do you think they have stopped making them? people help us...
if not, can people give us some websites please...

my mobo i have currently has plenty of OCing options. the only thing thats limiting my OC is my processor's physical limits. if i had a mobile my OC would be alot higher :)

so i think that means we should check out epox mobo's too.
and yeah, not off the dfi's site, anywhere

I doubt if you'll find any DFI Infinity or LanParty Ultra-B boards so my next choice would be Abit AN7 or NF7-S. You get more RAM voltage options with the AN7 otherwise they're the same board.

Bill

thanks a lot.
what i've found out since i last posted:
DFI seem to be phasing out their socket A boards, definitely the infinity series, so if you want one of them, you will HAVE to check ebay... (i did, and there were some)
I didn't see any of the lan party baords though, although bear in mind i am checking the UK ebay....
also motherboards seem to be selling out real quick in time fro christmas, so you'll have to get one quick, or ebay again...

papercutout -
I'm the DFI moderator on another forum and I should warn you that the failure rate on the DFI Sisters (Infinity and LP) is extremely high.
If you do manage to find one and it dies you won't be able to RMA it.

Bill

thanks a lot mate, i was watching a DFI on ebay, and after your comment, no matter how good they are for overclocking, i dont think its worth that risk. You've been a great help, i think i'll play safe and go for an abit then! thanks....

Just being honest. I had to RMA mine to get a working board but I know people who had 3 and 4 RMAs before they were successful.
My AN7 replaced an NF7-S that died due to a short caused by a faulty RAM module.
It's been extremely reliable at 10x245 for the year and a half that I've had it.

thats good, i'm going to try for the AN7 then, sounds good from all angles...
my cpu runs at 12.5x, and i'll try to crank it up to near 200, should be good! being gentle of course, but i need the board first..... soon i hope (ebay again)

If you're going to oc an AN7 you'll neeed a modded BIOS.
Imho the best ones are by Enduracell.
You can find them here.
For a 128 page thread all about the evolution of these BIOSes read this at Abit-USA.
I couldn't go above 218MHz until I flashed one of these but since you're only going to 200MHz the oficial BIOS will probably work.

Last edited:
Back