• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[email protected]. finally a computer that i own that is 3.5GHZ+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moho

I wanna title tooo !
got a motherboard today, IC7-maxIII

2x256MB 1:1 with BH5 2-2-2-5@[email protected]

ocnew.JPG

pretty good i think, as with my last 2.4, i could barely get it stable at 3.2GHZ with loosened timings...
still oc'ing, will post when i hit the wall :p

Last edited:
i think this is about my wall, i am currently using a super flower 450W power supply to power this. Darned 12v rail drops to 11.1 during load. in other words, i need a new PSU to go any farther.

I have a 2.4c northwood running at 3.6GHz 300FSB 3:2 ratio for ddr400, 7,3,3 timings

Was rock stable for 1.5 years but now I have to run it at 3.5 292fsb.

Asus P4C800-Deluxe, 550W TrueControl PSU, Thermalright 120XP with panaflow monster fan.

1.60volts set in bios, when on load it runs at 1.58v and idle 1.63 volts.

Congrats on the prescott.

Dam moho, that's a awsome job! Congrats! :beer: I remember having my 1st 2.6c and getting 3.2Ghz was the holy grail :D

I'm sure with a better psu 4Ghz is attainable indeed!

thanks neb!
also anyone have a suggestion as to what PSU to go with? im only running a 9600PRO with this rig, and 5 80mm fans, 80gb sata, 2 dvd drives, and maybe a DDR booster...

Hey bud that is an awesome overclock. These prescott processors are fun aren't they. Since you only need a 20-pin motherboard you could get away with an Antec true430 or true480, or a comperable fortron powersupply. If you really want an investment check out the ocz powerstream 520, though that is def way overkill for your current rig.

Either way that is a great OC! Just for reference, my ic7-g rig runs an antec true430 with a prescott 3.0e at 3900mhz and a geforce 6800, 2 hard drives, dvd-roms, 7 fans, etc just fine. The Antec True430 is honestly an excellent powersupply for 20-pin style motherboards.

The-Traveler said:
Was rock stable for 1.5 years but now I have to run it at 3.5 292fsb.

Have you tried cleaning the dust out of your PSU? With the dust buildup you get more heat and less power. I suggest a screwdriver and a full can of compressed air!

Back