• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what happened to my video card?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hydrata

So I come home, turn on my PC expecting to play some WoW, but instead I get no picture on my monitor and my computer beeps at me several times. WTF??!! So I start trying to diagnose the problem (thinking it was either CPU or video card since I jsut upgraded both recently) and found out it was the video card. I swapped in my old ti4200 in place of the culprit 6800gt agp, and now that the ti4200 is in, the computer works just fine. Well, I want to know what happened to my 6800gt???...

The only problem I was previously having was after I would play WoW for a few hours straight the game might crash, and that problem just started within the last few days, the card had worked fine for the previous few weeks. Usually just a reboot would solve this the crashing issue. The card was not overclocked. The only overclock I had was on the FSB. I bought the card off of a member on this forum, so I don't know if I can send it back to leadtek either. Any ideas on why my vid card just suddenly decided to die???

Excuse my sig, it's outdated....I now have a 2800+ Barton (the 133 FSB version running at 148 FSB) and the Leadtek A400 6800GT agp version

any idea of what part of leadtek i need to contact? i tried contacting them last night but it led me to some form that asked for information including date of purchase and whre i purchased, so i didn't wanna be dishonest there or say somethingthat would prevent me from getting a return.

Back