• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case and PSU , on a budget

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Romulox

I have recently decided to rebuild a Socket A system which can not be overclocked.
Specs are
3200xp Barton
9800pro
Asus- A7N8X-X(reason for no overclock)
1 gig of ram
and a 120 seagate harddrive.
fo far.

I need a decent case and power supply for around $50.
Plus any other suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.

$50 is tough for both case and psu, any chance to raise the budget a little?

antec makes some good case/psu combos for good prices

Romulox said:
Is ebuyer.com down becuase I can't access it.
I like the antec and thats probably what I'm gonna get.

But I was looking around.
I know this is a rosewill but how bad can it be for this setup?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811147022
Case is mediocre and the power supply is crap, I'd just be safe and stick with the Antec. Mainly just for the power supply, the Antec case is also mediocre but the extra money you pay gets you a powerful and ATX 2.0 certified power supply.

LordDarik said:
Case is mediocre and the power supply is crap, I'd just be safe and stick with the Antec. Mainly just for the power supply, the Antec case is also mediocre but the extra money you pay gets you a powerful and ATX 2.0 certified power supply.

I'd have to say the Antec case is a lot better quality than the Rosewill case. The Antec is decent quality - not great but decent, the Rosewill case is crap. I worked with a case like the Rosewill (practically identical inside) and it is quite flimsy and cut up my fingers. I've also worked with Chenming (maker of many antec cases) cases similar to the Antec SLK1650B and it is much higher quality and a joy to work with.

Thanks, I'll be getting the antec, There aren't to many
good inexpensive cases with a psu out there.
I know how a crap case can ruin a rig, I use to have a raidmax.
so my concept of a crappy case is pretty far down there.
I just wanted to make sure about the rosewill.

Back