• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FAH Usernames

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
Are the usernames case sensitive for stats. I have an old username and restarted folding but used a capital E instead of a lowercase e. Is this easy to change when using wedo's dually oneclick install.

yes.. they are case sensitive. Say if someone wanted to join F(OC)LD and instead made it f(OC)LD.... F(OC)LD would not get f(OC)LD 's poitns.

TollhouseFrank said:
yes.. they are case sensitive. Say if someone wanted to join F(OC)LD and instead made it f(OC)LD.... F(OC)LD would not get f(OC)LD 's poitns.

It's also sensitive to misspelling too. :p Be sure what you are typing in, when setting up a machine. As far as anything to do with a one click, I'll have to let someone else help you there. I've always preferred to set up my machines manually myself and have never used a one click. :shrug:

BTW, welcome back to folding, Ebola. :thup:

I'm Glad I saw this post, I discovered a rig 3200Winny folding for "\" whoever that is. Well that was 3 weets of "poitns"(*THF) down the drain :cry: :bang head

Welcome back Ebola, and yes as THF has said its definitely case sensitive. Its been awhile since I used a Wedo 1click. If it hasn't changed then once you have ran the 1click then go to services(assuming Win2000/XP) and stop the FAH service. Find Folding directory and edit client.cfg using notepad to your chosen alias. Once that change is saved then you start the FAH service again.

AlabamaCajun said:
I'm Glad I saw this post, I discovered a rig 3200Winny folding for "\" whoever that is. Well that was 3 weets of "poitns"(*THF) down the drain :cry: :bang head

I assume there is no \ on team 32. ... its probably an invalid name so goes to 'anonymous' which partly explains why they are #1 :rolleyes:

I would check your config file if you use the one click. Mine was folding for team no one. I just deleted that and ran the normal install twice and set the service start flag to local and changed the machine ids. It working fine now but I probably gave away a free WU or two.

symantec also blocks the oneclick from installing which is a pain. I had to uninstall symantec just to get the setup to work and it still screwed up the config.

Back