• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel 640 multipliers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barnz0432

I just bought a 640 p4 that I am running in my dfi 875p-t mobo.

I was trying to clock it higher using the differnt multis.

I try setting to anything except 16x and when my computer starts after being in the bios. It will turn back to 16x

I am currently running at 4ghz 250fsb 16x 33 hours dual prime95 stable :)

I can boot into windows and work around at 4.4ghz @ 1.55v 275fsb but I was wondering how to get the multiplier to change and stay changed so i can run at about 300fsb or so. I would like to get 4.2 - 4.5ghz out of this chip while running at least 250fsb.....

thanks

If you use speed step (aka EIST...I believe) in bios and set it to minimum that should get you to 14x. HOWEVER, as far as I know you will still boot at 16x for an instance. This may cause you to up the voltage some to be able to boot into windows.

hmm...so it will continue to boot at 16x but when I get into windows it will be 14x or whatever I set it to. I currently have C1E and Speed Step and Spread Spectrum Disabled.

If that will help.

Yes, it will boot at 16x and then quickly drop to 14x. You need to set speed step to minimum to do this though. Like I said and I am sure you are smart enough to see if you are temporarily booting at 16x your OC will be MUCH higher for a split second and then it will drop back down. This will probably cause the need for more vcore.

Not a problem. Trust me I have gotten PLENTY of help on this forum. BTW, what kind of temps are you getting with that BIXIII and your 640?

Back