• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps on my x2 4200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

srtdodge05

Ive been playing around with my x2 4200+ and my temps seem a lot higher then other peoples. i got it running at 2.6ghz 1.5v running dual prime i get a max of 122f. Do my temps seem high?

it idles at 40c im using the Thermaltake Big Typhoon fan. at stock vcore and speed it idles at 100f, my friend has a 4800+ and his runs at a max 78f.

OnDborder said:
Would help if you told us what kind of cooling you have.

Thermaltake Big Typhoon fan for cpu. i have a 120mm in back, 2 80mm in front and a 80mm on the side.

what TIM are you using ?

if the big typhoon is on correctly with AS5 or other good TIM you should be sitting around 30C idle give or take a couple degress....

As Rattle just said, what kind of TIM/Thermal Paste are you using? The lack of TIM or crap quality will cause some pretty bad temps.

srtdodge05 said:
i dropped the htt voltage at full load im at 113-115f. got a little better.

Not a big deal really but I would start quoting your temps in Celcius... Even us American guys are more used to celcius when it comes to cpu temps.

Battle_Rattle said:
Not a big deal really but I would start quoting your temps in Celcius... Even us American guys are more used to celcius when it comes to cpu temps.

46c

update bios

I just updated my bios on d 830 and it fell over 20 degree C to the high 30s/low 40s (jumped about 5+ degrees with the heater on). My mobo temps rose about 10 degrees. Maybe next bios update will fix it.

My Big Typhoon just arrived. I was wondering about how much Arctic Silver 5 to use. I noticed that the BT uses alot for there thermal compound in this installation (covers the CPU) vs. the little used for AS5.
BT thermal compound instructions

AS5 instructions

Back