• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZipZoomFly, "new" doesn't always mean new.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ouch. Maybe the holidays caused it? Glad to see you'll be getting your "new" board this time. ;)

One thing I notice from what I've read is that you are placing the blame solely on ZZF which is not the only place the problem could have occured. Something like this could happen during shipment as well. I've seen it happen from time to time usually with prescription drug shipments in my time so while it is a bad thing don't lay the blame only on ZZF, consider the shipping company as well.

I do agree 20 days is very slow for customer service though.

email = slower than phonecalls. its been like 17 days already since u first complained here.

no brainer there..........

Yes give them a call. Last big problem I had was with a few broken window panels from Directron.com. I used their forum for about 2 months until I finally got the nerve to call. I got the problem resolved in 5 minutes AND got a free front bezel for a matrix mid tower. Dunno what I would use it for but it was worth $12.

CALL EM!

JT

ZZF did send my board back. It didn't work either. Different problem. I emailed joe.ma@<guesswho> and was told to deal with Epox. ZZF just joined the "they can kiss my a$$" group. Only prior member was CompUSA over rebates.

Word to the wise. Avoid ZipZoomFly like the plague!

futura2001 said:
Weee.
I finally got my replacement board from ZZF. Arrived last night.
Only took a month......................

LOL ZIP ZOOM FLY my *** ...

that would be the last time i bought from those idiots, name should be SSC slow snail crawl.....

Zip Zilch Zero .. customer service that is. :( I don't buy a ton from them but I do buy occasionally. I'll keep this in mind next time when the difference is only $10 between them and NewEgg.

I am glad this problem was resolved but I am becoming increasingly disgruntled by the service by these online stores. I prefered googlegear and the old newegg. Back when they were small and cared what you thought of them.

JT

I had this happen to me a few years ago when I ordered an ABIT NF7-S from Newegg. It was evident that they had sent me a used/returned/??? board. I hopped on the forums only to discover a large number of people with the very same complaint. I believe (read: hope) they quietly backed away from those types of practices.

Quick note: I still run the mobo in my back-up rig and it's working a-ok. I'm also still a big fan of Newegg and order from them every month or so, although I did make certain to send them an email expressing my distaste.

Back