• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

~5 second freezes in games...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gregory_WE

I've noticed that I randomly get these 5 second freezes in just about every game I've played as far as I can tell. What happens is all of a sudden everything just stops/freezes up, I get some weird sound for like 2 secs, then no sound, and then a few seconds later it catches up like nothing happened and the game keeps going like normal.

This is getting to be kind of annoying, and it just happened twice in a single run of 3DMark05. Do any of you know what could be wrong? It's the first system in the sig and I doubt it's a driver problem.

Hmm, nevermind, after doing some tests it would seem as though my card just isn't stable at 400/1100 anymore. It seems to not freeze at all when the card is at 350/1000. I wonder what the deal is, it used to be stable well above Ultra speeds, and I'm sure it's not overheating since it never goes above 65C on full load.

Back