• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to update bios??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ppppp

Registered
Hi all,

probably a stupid question..... :rolleyes: but I have downloaded the newest bios for my TUSL2-C mobo version 1010. I have 1007 today in my bios. But how do I upgrade my bios to the 1010???

THX Peter

I don't know what BIOS this motherboard uses (Award or AMI), but the procedure is similar.

You must download the new BIOS and the Flash program. You can also use the program that comes with you motherboard's CD.

Copy the program and the BIOS image to the same directory and run the program. It should ask you if you'd like to backup you current BIOS and then ask you the name of the new BIOS image file, complete with extension (DOS 8.3 format). After entering the filename the program checks the BIOS image and (if ok) asks confirmation to start flashing.

Sometimes the progress bar may stop for a moment during the flash. Don't reset your computer, wait till it's over. Don't flash you BIOS while overclocked, it's a risk not worth taking.

Good luck.

Also, some people say that you must flash on a clean boot, with no memory manager loaded. I've allways flashed with memory managers loaded and it went allways fine, but it doesn't hurt to do a clean boot just to be sure.

I believe that is an Asus motherboard. Do yourself a favor and go to the Asus site and read their current instructions!!

Back