• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NCCH-DL Xeon Heatsink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trigger_sad

Hey, I've just purchased 2 x 1.6GHz Xeon LV C1s off of the classifieds (havent shipped yet), i'm ordering the NCCH-DL soon and will be planning on overclocking (have to use NCCH-DL over PC-DL because i need PCI-X support for my raid 5 card). I read that the stock IWT will not fit these, or will require modding. What aftermarket coolers do you recommend that will work with this board, a link would be very helpful, thank you very much. (if theres a good mod site on how to modify the IWTs to fit the NCCH-DL that would work as well).

You can actually run Xeon heatsinks that are designed to run with the Nocona based Xeon's on your NCCH-DL. They are much better heatsinks than the wind tunnels IMO since they are made out of solid copper and should do a much better job of cooling down your C1's. You can also get them for about the same price on eBay as the standard IWT's.

Just do a search on ebay for Xeon Heatsink and then look for the word Nocona in the description of the item.

Or you can just buy two from this guy on eBay.

I have 1.6 d1 lv's on a NCCH-Dl and I use Thermalright SI-9XV (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thsiforinxep.html), running 2 instances of F@H and instance of Grid I get temps of 40-42 celsius. I have another set of D1's and another set of these heatsink, just looking for a DH800. I had Swiftech MCX603-V with 604 hardware and was getting temps of 49-54 celsius.

edit: fix pic

Last edited:
i have the swiftech mcx604-x and running highly oc'd d1 (3.2 ghz @ 1.55v they ran high 50's C. This was during the summer time. Ambient was ~35C ?

As adrock said, the stock nocona heatsinks do the job very good for their price.

Thanks alot guys, i'll pick up a pair of the nocona coolers or i'll even take a look at the thermalright coolers which look pretty good, whichever i can get for a better price.

Last edited:
If you're still looking, the CoolerMaster E3W-NPTXS-04 is a great heatsink for the NCCH-DL as well. It's a 3U passive heatsink with heatpipes that cools really well with an 80 mm fan blowing through it.

Ken

penquissciguy said:
If you're still looking, the CoolerMaster E3W-NPTXS-04 is a great heatsink for the NCCH-DL as well. It's a 3U passive heatsink with heatpipes that cools really well with an 80 mm fan blowing through it.

I originally was looking for a set of these but could not find them in Canada and OrbMicro says that Coolermaster discontinued them http://store.orbitmicro.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=1710&czuid=1108933584781

Maybe you can find these used but I couldn't and so went the thermalright (had to lap one) route.

Lord_Anubis said:
I originally was looking for a set of these but could not find them in Canada and OrbMicro says that Coolermaster discontinued them http://store.orbitmicro.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=1710&czuid=1108933584781

Maybe you can find these used but I couldn't and so went the thermalright (had to lap one) route.

Wow, didn't realize that. It's too bad, as they are killer sinks for this application. I only hope the replacements they come out with perform as well.

Ken

Back