• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If it's cold outside, get yourself a tube! [Lots of pics]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
5|*42 said:
Not if you don't heat the room in the first place. Some freaks (like me) don't care if it's 40F in the room, just get a coat, hat, and some fingerless gloves and you'll be fine.

LOL - you're willing to live like that for a few more points in 3dmark?? The dedication of some of the more extreme OC"ers is bumfuzzling.

Forgot to mention for what it is, that is a bad *** project, and is probably quite the conversation piece.

i just leave my window cracked, if i dont it quickly becomes 100+ degrees in here, even tho it is winter out. i use a combination of window coverings to warm the room up and turning the fan on in the window to cool it down to keep it at a decent temp, i try ot keep it in the upper 60s F.

I also have my heat duct sealed off, and the furnace seems to pull air in through my room to it. probably becaus the ducts are leaky underneath the trailor, but not much I can do about it. but it does help get fresh cool air pulled into my room. i havnt managed a full on duct yet, i want to but havnt gotten the motivation to find a ductable material. im sure that the case suckin in the cold air directly would keep the comp cool and also probably keep just enough flow into the room to keep it good.

Here's a question.

If you Americans are always using fahrenheit for temperature measurment, how come CPU/GPU/case temperatures are measured in celsius?

:shrug:

Most software gives you the ability to change them back and forth. Count yourself lucky that most of us on the forum know both and use them interchangably. Most Americans haven't a clue how it converts. Don't even get me started on the Metric System. Where most people knowledge of that stops with a 2 Liter bottle of soda.

Yeh, I know what you mean.

But that still doesn't explain why folks here always refer to their temperatures in Celsius. You virtually NEVER see anyone quote their CPU temp in fahrenheit, despite the fact that everyone uses it in terms of weather etc...

Just seems odd to me... :shrug:

Here's a question.

If you Americans are always using fahrenheit for temperature measurment, how come CPU/GPU/case temperatures are measured in celsius?

Mostly to get you guys (metric users) to convert it as we do for °'s C. :)

Keeps the noodle working. ;)

I assume it is because most scientific measurements are made in celcius or kelvin, and kelvin uses larger numbers than celcius. So for simplicity yet still able to mimic science, we use Celcius.

haha, looks pretty sweet. Its insane how just that duct, with 1 80mm fan at the end, will move enough air thru that thing to make a impact.

Nice job bro :thup:

Back