• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with old Toshiba laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think in systems that old the CPU is soldered into the motherboard.

If you want something better, post it on ebay or somewhere for $100 and start saving for something better. and if not you're looking at MAYBE being able to upgrade to 166mhz

Haha I don't think I'd be able to get $100 for this laptop. ;)

I'm probably going to stop here though. Don't think I should put anymore effort into it. :p As long as it runs fine and plays older games, it's good.

I'll put the money towards something awesome, such as the Mustang GT I'm trying to get my hands on. :cool: :santa:

Lionsault_100 said:
Oh then you're SADLY mistaken.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42199&item=6832929220

although this guy has been selling these crappy machines for 20x market value since '03 - he's making a lot more of his auctions private lately to cover his tracks, but i've seen him sell p1's for well over 350.

Oh wow looks like I was seriously mistaken. ;) LOL! Jeez if that guy can get that much for that IBM, I'm sure I can get a lot for that Toshiba. Hmm, would he get into any serious trouble for this? Well, at least I don't think he would. I could imagine the people who buy the laptops get angry, but I don't think ebay would do anything right?

he isn't doing anything wrong, it is the buyers responsibility to not get ripped off and over pay for obsolete hardware. some of his feedback actually does show some serious buyer's remorse, and I got a laugh out of that.

he is listing them as they are with a lot of glitter. (1 billion characters of data, wtf?)

Back