• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ddr!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sulretal

How many of you have played this? I borrowed from a friend and MAN! I'm having a blast! Thinking about buying my own pad to take to college or something. Anyway, how man of you have played it? What do you think of it?

I tryed it but can't do it to good :rolleyes: We have the cheep mat and it broke really quick too BTW

If you're into DDR then I highly recomend Stepmania! It's a DDR clone that can be used with hundreds of songs that people have made. There's been remakes of every DDR song ever, plus many custome songs. Most of which can be found here.

It's better than the official DDR games and free. Great way to practice your moves before heading to the local arcade to impress chicks ;)

I got DDR Extreme 2 complete w/ a softmat for Christmas, and I've played it just about every day since I got it. It's so much fun!

I took my pad over to a friend's house last night and we did vs. mode. He has a RedOctane Hardpad. He uses Stepmania, too, so we had just about every song ever made at our disposal! :)

I have a 1 inch think foam one, never slides around.

Stepmania looks cool but I really dont want to stare at my 15 inch screen looking for little arrows.

I really want a redoctane ignition...

if any1 can find me a good download site/torrent with all the DDR mixes in one file, it'd be greatly appreciated (for stepmania btw)

I have a 2-port playstation->pc adapter, plug in my ddr pad (a crappy like 1cm thick foam pad) and stepmania is sick.

SolidxSnake said:
I really want a redoctane ignition...

if any1 can find me a good download site/torrent with all the DDR mixes in one file, it'd be greatly appreciated (for stepmania btw)

I have a 2-port playstation->pc adapter, plug in my ddr pad (a crappy like 1cm thick foam pad) and stepmania is sick.
You have to download the songs in sperate packs. Find a friend who has all the songs and just get it off a flash drive or a CD from him.

I love it, I didn't really like ffr (flash flash) but especially last year I played it in my dorm a lot - mostly stepmania, but broke out the pads sometimes. My roommate and I actually ran a DDR tourney in our dorm (the entire building) and were surprised by the number of people that came.

lol i love DDR, i used to go to the arcades and play 8 and 9 footers on maniac mode all the time, play stepmania constantly and buy all the mixes the first day they came out.

Now when i go to the arcade and see someone on it i think to myself how horribly easy it was to learn and how funny it is to see people twice my age fall or sweat thier *** off playing it.

if i went to my friends house and found him dancing in his apartment by himself to this it would take me months to recover. i think this game is cool for chicks wanting to stay in shape or in party type setting with members of the opposite sex but other than that i find it a bit scary people ove rth eage of 14 like it.

Banyan said:
if i went to my friends house and found him dancing in his apartment by himself to this it would take me months to recover. i think this game is cool for chicks wanting to stay in shape or in party type setting with members of the opposite sex but other than that i find it a bit scary people ove rth eage of 14 like it.

Why? It is like any other game; you have objectives that you must complete. And if that be the case, then I couldn't see anyone over the age of 14 playing any game, because they all have objectives and themes.

I played about 2 years ago. I have long since stopped playing decently. every once in a while if i see a machine I will go play a game or two. When I was into it i could do most 9 footers. I mostly play doubles now when I do play and i end up doing 5 and 6 footers.

Banyan said:

Why? It's a great game! It's fun, the music is good, and even beyond all that, it's good for you! I got my mat and a copy of the game on Christmas, and I've played it every day since. I've already started to notice things changing. I don't get tired as much either during the game, or during the day. I don't really start sweating until like, my 8 or 9th song, when before I was sweating like a pig after the end of the first track. I also have more stamina during the day doing daily tasks.

But y'know, everybody thinks like you do at first. They think 'That game is gay. Look at those people dancing.' Then one day, you'll try it, wether by yourself, or on a dare from friends or something. And you'll think 'Hey, this isn't really all that bad.' Then you'll be in the mall alone one day and see nobody in the arcade, and nobody on the DDR Max 9th Mix machine, and you'll jingle your pocket and realize you have a buck or two in there and think 'Why not?' and you'll get on it and dance for about 9 songs. By the end you'll be tired and sweaty and you may have a few people around the machine looking and maybe even cheering you on, and you'll think to yourself: 'Damn, this is like one of the coolest games I've ever played, ever!'.

I know. 'cause I was like you once.

Do not knock it until you've tried it. You'll be surprised. ;)

Back