• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheapest/Best water cooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

colb

Registered
hey guys im looking and saving for water cooling kits but i dont know which ones are good so if somone could leave me url's or w/e that would be great

like Aidenswarrior said, whats your budget? Also, list what components you plan to wc and what case you have? Like most things cheapest/best dont go well together in the wcing department. I would spend some time on the forums making constructive posts so you can view the classifieds (not spamming then you'll never see them), it takes 100+ for them to be available to you. That way you can find some great deals on slightly used/leaktested parts.

cheapest:

Via Aqua 1300 (if you can still get them) $17 shipped
5 gallon bucket $3.47 at home depot
Tubing and clamps: $5 a home depot
Waterblock: any used waterblock $20-25 shipped

Don't forget a radiator pat. And last i checked marinedepot.com still has 1700s.
But colb, did you want a kit? Or were you gonna build your own?

well i dont know alot so i was thinking of just getting a kit . But then i need to buy a chip that is watercooled so i dont know where to get that. Hey Jeff, on that site, the cheapest 1 os $112, is it good? k thanks guys

colb said:
well i dont know alot so i was thinking of just getting a kit . But then i need to buy a chip that is watercooled so i dont know where to get that. Hey Jeff, on that site, the cheapest 1 os $112, is it good? k thanks guys
That kit is comprised of all quality parts. that site carries all of PolarFlo and danger den with prices slightly lower. The kit comes with everyting you would need. You could buy the one without block and pick your own block or look at the kits bundled with various blocks.

pwnt by pat said:
Via Aqua 1300 (if you can still get them) $17 shipped

You can get them over at Doctors Foster & Smith.com & they've dropped the price on them as well. You might as well get the 1800 while you're at it since theres a $1.60 difference between the 1300 & 1800.

Last edited:
You know I have toyed with it somewhat myself. www.DangerDen.com has the best price by far on the Black Ice Radiators. And www.performance-pcs.com has the best price on the Eheim 1250's.

are the cases at performance-pcs.com all for water cooling? And what would be the right case for it, or the right cases, like brands would be nice. i have an Antec.

another question....is there any way of fitting the radiator inside the case, or will i have to put it on top like ive seen other peoples?

colb said:
another question....is there any way of fitting the radiator inside the case, or will i have to put it on top like ive seen other peoples?
On large cases (Armor, Stacker) you can place the rad infront with no/very little modding. Also there is the Swiftech RadBox thing where you can mount the rad in the back of the case, check their site for pics.

colb said:

depends on the case. list the stuff you are getting and then we can help you.

Back