• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Criticize My Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

I would sure appreciate it if yall gave me some positive criticism on my rig. I am coming to a point where I am not sure what I should do next. As I have completed my original goal of wanting to be able to play all the higher end games with hiccup.

Here it is :

A64 3000+ Winchester @ 1935 | Thermalright XP-90c : 92MM Panaflo |
Kingston 1024MB PC3200 DDR | 2 x 512 : Value RAM |
Nvidia BFG 7800GT 256MB @ 425/1050
PC Power & Cooling 510W Turbo Cool SLI
Thermaltake XASER Armor
Dell 2005FPW
Linksys WRT54G
Sennheiser DJ HD212 Headphones
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
LiteOn CD/DVD +- RW ROM
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
WD Raptor 10,000 RPM
Saitek Blue LED Keyboard

Also as noted in my signature, I have ordered a 148 Opteron and it should be here shortly.

Thanks ahead of time... = )

The case u have the Xaser Thats the one i'm going to get do u have an ypic of it?

Like where is the power / reset buttons and where are the audio jacks and such?

PC Power & Cooling 510W Turbo Cool SLI is a great PS but not that quiet.

If you are going SLI later then get it or do a search on larva and look up his power supply post recommendations. There are some great power supplies that will work very well for half the cost and you could put the difference in another 250GB SATA drive, another gig of memory, faster CPU or maybe even get a GTX card.

Also from the pictures I saw it looks like you mount the PSU sideways does that cause any problems?

Thanks yall = ). I think instead of gettin two gigs of RAM I am gonna buy some tccd. I am looking at the Patriot 1gig PC4800 kit. They are suppose to be awesome. And ooo ya, I just bought a 148 Opteron so I think I should be good to go.

Thanks again.

Back