• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Willamette voltage (how much is safe for everyday use?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Okagi

I have my 1.8 Ghz @ 2.0 Ghz (I think I read that they usually can only do between 2 and 2.1) and I'm not sure how much voltage is too much. My voltage is at 1.8 measured in cpu-z. I see at this site: http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm#intel that the Maximum vmax is 2.1V.

Is it ok to take it to 1.9 measured? From that spec sheet it seems ok to take it up to 1.9 but I'm just not sure what people were taking these to back when they were common. OC info on this cpu is somewhat scarce from what I have found, being not the greatest overclocker and all.

i had a 1.8 willy and a 2.0. both of them maxxed out at 120fsb for 2.2 and 2.4 respectively. i didn't have to go near 2.0v to do it, actually one bump was all it took. but that's all they would do, 121fsb = no post.

Maybe I have a stinker. Your two got up high from what I've been reading about them. The 2Ghz speed is fine, it's not bothering me or anything but the system does reboot on ocassion (never while stability testing, though). I know it's not the ram because it's not even running its rated speed. I just don't want to bust my system up before my other system gets up and running. It might be a month or so before everything comes together.

What the heck, I'm gonna go back and get it up to 1.9 measured and hope for the best. Heheh.... :cool:

Those Willamette's were rated at 1.75V so taking it to 1.9V is still well within the 10% range most OCers regard as 'safe'...

Lancelot said:
Those Willamette's were rated at 1.75V so taking it to 1.9V is still well within the 10% range most OCers regard as 'safe'...

Good to hear, I just made a backup of my data so I'm ready to take her home. If I don't post for a few days you'll know something dramatic has happend. Heheh.

Back