• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade from a 2.4B/533 to a 2.8C/533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WallyGator said:
Hey everybody, thanks for your very helpful advise. Just for the record, in my original post, I wrote the wrong information on the chip being a 2.8c. My mistake! I should have said it was a 2.8 with c-1 stepping. And your advise was sound on not throwing away $150 on a CPU that would provide virtually no speed increase, and the socket 478 being obsolete. Instead, I'll redirect the $150 bucks into a system upgrade kitty. It will take awhile, but it probably will be worth it. Again, thanks for all your insight. ;) Wally
nice choice :thup:, once again, welcome to the forums. ;)

fAlCoNNiAn said:
ok ok, look: there is no 2.8C /533 . To clear things up. he said 2.8, but its a C0. so he wrote it wrong. there was never any talk about a 2.8C, you made that up. The only talk was about upgrading from a 2.4b to a 2.8b. :bang head

how about you do US a favor and read post 5. ill even quote it for you:
your the one that started the insults not me .... from the different posts it started to sound like 2 different cpu's..... Next time try not to start insulting people when they are trying to help. That miss reading stuff with so much miss talk in this thread. Also many people i talk to that are not into computers like some of us here do miss tell me what they have or plan on buying (ie. im getting 2.8c but it has a 533fsb.) I understand he cleared it up.... 478 might be dead to u but not the Dothan users, you can buy them cheap/used. With good ram they OC like a bat out of hell. Yea i read in june when i bought my mobo in sig say 478 is dead. You really have to look at how much your spending and if the rig you are going to buy will last long enough for you. I really want to see an amd cpu that could do 30sec in superpi that runs @2.4ghz. I havent seen any that come close. Then ones that can get to 30secs is @2.8/3ghz go look in the superpi section.

Last edited:
Back