• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

winxp repair iinstall hangs at 34 minutes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bardos

winxp repair install hangs at 34 minutes

I have this on a computer i am fixing for someone. It had been behaving badly, hanging and not shutting down correctly and i began a repair install and it hangs both with XPsp1 and XPsp2 cd's. Have disconnected everything but the necessary and it still hangs. Trying to avoid a reformat of C:\ if at all possible. Anyone have experience with this? I have already visited the microsoft webpage which offers a "solution" to this problem. Anyone ever successfully get past this one?

The "hang" consists of the screen going dark, green Monitor LED turns to yellow forever and no further install progress. rebooting gets one eventually to the same screen and result. thx.

Last edited:
First off, it's a client's setup, not mine. Not sure about the mobo, except it's a VIA chipset running a 1.3Ghz Duron. The video card i found was a PCI Matrox Millenium II. I tried to place a 64mb mx-440 agp card. I went back to the original pci card and the repair install worked. I'm investigating more tomorrow, gonna try the video card again. If it doesn't work, I'll try some other newer agp card.

Back