• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to start a new computer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oz_the_flyest

Registered
OK my computer is messed up, I think it's the PSU though? You think if I get a case, I could remove everything from my computer and install it in the new one?

I have a AMD Athlon 2400, 2x256MB RAM, DVD burner, cd burner, and Im taking all this out from my emachines t2482! Would it work or should I just buy a new PSU???

Well, what is the computer doing? Nothing? And you suspect the powersupply? Then moving it to a new case or a new psu may or may not fix your problem. I would first attempt trying it with a new powersupply, and just so you know, when a powersupply goes, it can take stuff with it( I.E. kill your hard drive)

It has an orange light, also my harddrive works, I have on in this computer, also I might try out the ram on my other pc, but yeah it wont boot up though...

if the hard drive works then it might not be the psu. its up to you if you want to get new parts, but i would just swap out parts with ones you have to be sure what the problem is. might take a while but it saves money.

then what do you think it is? Oh also my mouse and keyboard are dead when I tried connecting them back then i booted it, i tried them on this computer and they dont work? What you think that could be from?

Back