• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worried about the incoming log...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

I've been checking out the incoming log on my wireless router lately, and I see an awful lot of entries. I would like your guys' opinion on this matter... here is the scenario:

I live in an apartment complex, my wireless router is a wrt54G with DD-WRT v23 (12/25/05) firmware loaded on it. I have it locked down to the best of my ability, meaning that i have a wireless mac filter on it only allowing my laptop and another roomate's laptop, I disabled the broadcasting of the SSID, I have WEP2 encryption, and I am only allowing the router to give out 3 IP's (one for my computer, and 2 more for the laptops). I think that's about it for that.

Now, when I check the incoming log, I get many many many entries, with different IP's with the destination Port# 15904. I have googled this port number, but I couldn't find any useful information.

I am not running any kind of P2P application, however one of the roomates uses Limewire. I just shut it down, but the incoming log remains the same. Can you guys give me some tips as to what this means? Are there additional safety precautions that I should be taking?

Thanks much!

What you see is pretty normal for being on the internet. No need to worry, your router is doing it's job. My firewall log is loaded with entries like yours. You have done well with locking down your security. You should be fine.

Back