• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on P5ND2-SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Know Nuttin

Any one have any opinions on the P5ND2-SLI? I'm thinking of going with it, but have heard that they are not very good for overclocking. If not that, then the P5LD2 is my next option in all likelihood.

Do you plan on getting SLI? While yes the P5ND2 does overclock it doesn't fair as well as an intel chipset motherboard. However, instead of the P5ND2 I would opt for the P5N32 just because it has had more success but still not as much as a P5WD2-P.

All out gaming performance = nothing can compair to sli
P5ND2 - i'm holding top spot at the moment oc-ed (hw vs hw)

My P5ND2 Sli Deluxe is one of the most stable setups with sli I've ever run
It runs 24/7 and Delta Force Extreme and Battlefield 2 set to highest settings of everything and it runs like a baby (highest resolution and highest detailed graphics)

I got the P5N32 last thursday and still have not switched them out yet
Its running so good i'm really scared to touch it :)
lol

But if you want extreme ocerclocking - listen to these guys

you get the best of both worlds with nforce4 sli
but you won't push it to the extremes from all i've read with stable overclocks

thats my 0.02$

~RD

I wouldn't need much past 266FSB anyways. 4GHz is fine with me. I might go with it, just gotta find a buyer for this AL8-V and I will be getting the Asus.

I won't do SLI but I can't find an nForce4 board that isn't SLI.

You don't have to run dual cards with nforxe4 sli

you just use the top blue slot for one pcie card

on the P5ND2 it has a EZ Selector card
one side says single - other side says dual
you just flip it out and place the side in for 1 or 2 cards

now this new P5N32 don't have the card - so single or dual must be in bios
i aint really looked yet

just get 1 sli ready card - then upgrade l8r when u got the extra $'s

~RD

I don't heavily game, so I definitely won't do SLI. I realize that I don't need to do SLI but I was just curious as to why there isn't an nForce4 without SLI. In any case, no big deal, I only have the 1 card (TV Tuner) that I need a slot for.

well this is the worng mobo for you the P5WD2 would be a better choice as i can get ibky 3,8 Stable, but i want sLI.

I have a Intel Pentium D 820, 2.8GHz, EM64T XD Dual Core, 2X1MB, Socket LGA775 and bought the P5ND2 sli, not much games payed on the system, got a nvidia 6600gt video card, would i still ne able to overclock to at least 3.0- 3.2 with this cpu and motherboard?

yes, just update to the latest bios.

its a decent board, if u are going for huge overclocks, id get an intel chipset...

Back