• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noticed something weird after OC, is this normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Powered

Hey guys, I pretty much deticated my weekend on OC'ing my PC.

Right now I am at 3.6Ghz 225.5 FSB CPU Core @ 1.416v and Mem @ 1.9v

Everything is running smoothly, games runs great, no errors on Prime 95 and temperature is hoovering at 49c (idle) and 56-58 (heavy load) I could probably drop it a little bit by reducing my ambient room temperature, this temp was logged after the whole day of running games and software, so my room with my reef tank (metal Halide for those who knows reefing) ambient temperature was about 75-78 degrees.

Anyways, on to my question.

Upon boot this morning going through the hardware initialization I noticed it detected my ram as PC2-3200 This got me worried because CPU-Z detects it at PC-4300 So curious, I left everything to "auto" no OC and rebooted.

Sure enough it came back to PC-4300

So why is it when I OC the system detects the memory as PC-3200 ??

Is this normal? Or should I be concerned.

CPU-Z always detects the memory at PC2-4300

So far it has not caused any problems or system errors. All my games and software runs smoothly and perfectly.

Mem settings are at 1:1 4-4-4-12

If that means anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

i would not worry in the least. what really matters is the speed your ram is actually running, which is reported in cpuz on the memory tab.

i've got pc2700 (ddr333) that does ddr450 at the tightest timings.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
i would not worry in the least. what really matters is the speed your ram is actually running, which is reported in cpuz on the memory tab.

i've got pc2700 (ddr333) that does ddr450 at the tightest timings.

I noticed a setting in my CMOS about ram speed. It just gives me MHZ settings 532600/760/800mhz. Something along the lines of that; right now it is set to auto.

From what I've been reading my ram is running at 1:1 that means at 225x2 it is at 450mhz - which If I'm not mistaken fall under the 3200 specs. Should I have it run at the 532mhz? My ram is rated at 266Mhz.

hrm, you could try it, i think that if you set it to 533 in bios, it will set the ram speed to 133mhz, while fsb is at 200.

i think that's the memory ratio setting, and if so, i would leave it at the 800 setting, and try to max out your fsb.

Why would it be 133mhz? Isn't it what ever the FSB x 2?

Also leaving it at Auto, what is the specs? CPUZ doesn't want to tell me, it only states max is 266 FSB.

Back