• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How well would THIS work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
random website said:
#

Delivers over 2 gallons of cold water per day.
#

Large 3 quart reservoir ensures that plenty of cold water is available at peak demand times such as lunch, dinner or parties.

It wouldnt work, it would run out of cold water in minutes. It has very, very little cooling power.

K. Well I'm looking for something that's prettty compact like that, but I don't want to spend a whole lot (doesn't everyone :D). I will probably just end up keeping what i have...
What's the next step up that could cool 24/7? Is there no chiller that will run 24/7, because I don't like turning off my computer, other than restarting every other day.

Window AC unit will provide the cheapest, easiest no-nonsense raw performance. I ran mine for nearly four days straight and temps didn't budge a degree. Only cons are that I actually found the temps so low that insulation was a pain for a sub-zero newb like myself, and the noise level...rotary compressors are far, far from quiet. Although I really don't like the idea of any sort of water cooler or mini-fridge; they are just too weak. Either a pricey lab chiller, an A/C, or completely built from scratch are the ways to go. Just be forewarned that no type of chiller is exactly a walk in the park...fully insulating took me several days at the least, planning and trial and error.

Back