• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's Pentium D 920 Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice work bro, looks like your theory was more or less correct. :D

But do me a favor and pleasure delete that SSE3 enhanced cheat version of SuperPi off your hard drive. :p

bazx said:
run a 3d or sumit and a 1m at the same time i would like to see if the 1m slows down alot

if at all

chin up dude
Lol... I dont understand why everyone thinks Im mad at the chip. I mean *USUALLY* I am but I cant really complain about how easy this thing has been to me.

Mainly it comes out of laziness for the benches combinded with the lack of sleep from 2 days since I semi stayed up all night 2x

S_Wilson said:
Nice work Sen, Have you done any dual priming yet?
Yes I have but the thermals are always tricky to deal with. While stable at 4.1 the temps are too dicey for my tastes. I decided to back it off from 4.1 @ 1.36 to 4.0 @ 1.33

sounds like a good call atm sen - see if over time it gets more inclined to OC with less juice ;)

So far these 920's don't seem to oc much better then the 820's. Batboys 940 looks like a different story though. Glad to see your your chip is worthwhile sen.

The contact on this IHS is one of the worst I have ever seen. Just to be sure I put the stock cooler on and im getting TM1 mode. This chip is going back.

<Calls Intel>

Your SPi mb is impressive @ that frequency .. wow. 27 seconds @ 4100mhz, not bad at all! I couldn't even do that @ 4612mhz on my 650, good job bro. Keep the benchies / results coming!

SPi hasn't been the dual cores best bench, but these are looking pretty darn good comapred to Smithfields...that extra cache seems to be making a good impact across the board. I am still gawking at crotale's 19s.

Yeah, Sen, get the SPi 1.4 mod. It makes a even playing field and shows out to the thousandth of a second. Best I saw on 1.4 was 28.8xx, but I don't remember where the mem and FSB were at on it :)

why dont he use the superPi mod1.4 with validation and ms?
seems to be a "standard"...cant compare different revs of the prog!

Ross said:
SPi hasn't been the dual cores best bench, but these are looking pretty darn good comapred to Smithfields...that extra cache seems to be making a good impact across the board. I am still gawking at crotale's 19s.

Yeah, Sen, get the SPi 1.4 mod. It makes a even playing field and shows out to the thousandth of a second. Best I saw on 1.4 was 28.8xx, but I don't remember where the mem and FSB were at on it :)
This one?

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=4215109&postcount=69

I got 28,48 @ 4614mhz 271fsb 1:1 i think it was...

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the link to it I gave in the post above yours. 28.4 is a nice score for a 2 core on pretty low FSB. Preslers seem to do much better in SPi than Smithfields. I want something that will beat my 670 though...

670-23734-spi.gif

Sentential said:
The contact on this IHS is one of the worst I have ever seen. Just to be sure I put the stock cooler on and im getting TM1 mode. This chip is going back.

<Calls Intel>

What did Intel say? Are they going to RMA it?

RangerXLT8 said:
What did Intel say? Are they going to RMA it?
Ya they said they would take a look at it and I am going to go that route. Its a shame but I dont have any other choice when it keeps throtteling like this even @ stock volts.

Sentential said:
Ya they said they would take a look at it and I am going to go that route. Its a shame but I dont have any other choice when it keeps throtteling like this even @ stock volts.

Does Throttlewatch work with the 920? I know it doesn't work on 6x0

Sentential said:

<Calls Intel>

Sen i agree, i lifted my water block again today and found the most horrid impression. The block is only touching on 2 opposing sides, not in th middle and not on the 2 adjacent sides.

I probably shouldn't have, but i decided to lap it LOL which yielded a 6C drop.

Back