• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest Efficiency 500+ watt PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

futura2001

Just wondering (mostly because I have to replace an Antec TP-480 with a 24 pin PSU soon) what the most efficient PSU that provides more than 500 watts is?

Seasonic S12, some high watt Zippy models, the new Fortron Epsilons, and 850W+ PC P&C are all at or above the 80% level.

just a word of warning the 20+4pin power cable is a bit shorter then the average PSU at 16 inches. Aside from that it's a very solid PSU with steady lines and whisper quiet.

HHmm , no one hear mentioned the NeoHE 550 (85% efficency , Active PFC) . Maybe this is due to the bad reviews coupled with certain Asus boards ???

But ,for me , Ive got two NeoHE 550's , both running in Opty 165 systems (Abit AN8-SLI/ Asrock Duel) , and have NO complints what-so-ever . Units are VERY VERY quite , solid rails , SLI ready , runs cool and modular design an added plus in my book .

My .02

Back