• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 300A series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheator

So I was throwing away some computer stuff last night, and I found my missing Celeron 366 mhz. What I am wondering is this:

I read that the old amazing clocking 300A celerons also included other speeds, such as the 366, 400 etc, but their OCs sucked the more they went on. How would I tell if this 366 was one of these A series?

The 300A means they added on-die cache. Anything faster than a 300 had the cache, so they didn't use the "A" designation anymore. The beauty of the 300A was that you could usually change FSB from 66 to 100 and it would run. The 366 had a 5.5X multiplier, so 100 FSB would result in 550 MHz. While lots of 366 Cellies could do that speed, a lot of them could not too. Generally, you'd have to use higher vcore (like 2.2v) and have better cooling.

Ah ok I will give ti a shot. I have this wicked little radiator Heatsink I'd use. I just want to see if I can pump up the mhz :)

Well I got the sucker up to 498 mhz, but without being able to use more than 2 multipliers, and FSB 100 not cutting it, I can't get it past that. Not bad for an ancient Celery though. I should ebay it. Thanks for your help guys.

Back