• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally some recognition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
finally? this guy has had an entire segment of bbc news 24 on him once - and that was a long time ago - and thats just something I happened to watch so god knows what other countless things he has appeared in over the years.

voo > fatal1ty btw :santa2:

fatali1ty has had a lot of time in the media spotlight, what do you mean finally some recognition? i have heard of him for years...

btw what is this supposed to mean?

Wendel looks nothing like the stereotypical gamer; he resembles a Midwestern surfer, with shaggy blond hair and a couple days’ worth of stubble. He wears baseball jerseys and hooded sweatshirts with khakis or blue jeans. He has a trim, athletic body, molded by running, tennis and golf.

What I want to know is what happens after he stops gaming? Yes he'll have checks, but that won't last long with his lifestyle. He didn't go to college so he can't get a job. Will his sponsor pay for his retirement or something?

kayson said:
What I want to know is what happens after he stops gaming? Yes he'll have checks, but that won't last long with his lifestyle. He didn't go to college so he can't get a job. Will his sponsor pay for his retirement or something?

He's getting his name on a lot of products, and working with designing them to his specifications. People will pay a premium for that kind of stuff, and I'm sure he's getting a cut of the sales. He could turn this into something like Tony Hawk has done. He was the best skateboarder in history, and one of the originators, and the person most responsible for bring a sideshow into the mainstream. Depending on how big competitive gaming gets, fatality could be the Tony Hawk of competitive video games. Tony Hawk almost never skates anymore, but he rakes in millions from licensing and his own brand of clothes, shoes etc. Fatality could do something similar except with mice, keyboards, and other computer hardware targeting gamers. I really don't think he's going to have to worry about making a living if he's smart and doesn't blow all his money on stupid crap.

at risk of people telling me im jealous and dumb, it's easy to be the best (at anything) when you devote your life to it.

mage_x said:
at risk of people telling me im jealous and dumb, it's easy to be the best (at anything) when you devote your life to it.

he will find out when he's 30 and his eyes start hurting like mad :) I looooove biology, thats why i cant devote my life to gaming.

Who is this looser lol, ive never herd of him. A video game proffesional? I have zero respect for people like him. If i see him on the street id nail him in the face just for the heck of it.

LegolasElf said:
Who is this looser lol, ive never herd of him. A video game proffesional? I have zero respect for people like him. If i see him on the street id nail him in the face just for the heck of it.

that was a very stupid and ignorant statement. Videogame professionals, though it sounds weird, are very talented. That is why the make hundreds of thousands a year, well the good ones do, for playing video games. It is the same thing as professionals who play sports,etc... They just are really good at something, at make money because of it...

LegolasElf said:
is that a joke? :rolleyes:

LegolasElf said:

i think the real "looser" is the one who's name is LegolasElf. need i say more?

-1cem4n

Last edited:
You're vision will only deteriorate (significantly over a short period of time) if you stare at a screen in the dark (that is without any other light on in the room). That is why I try to at least have a lamp on in the dark while I play games.

Originally Posted by LegolasElf

That is a stupid and ignorant thing to say. Would you go up to an NFL Football player (or NHL Hockey player or NBA Basketball player for that matter) and slug him? I don't think so. I take it you don't play games (much if at all) or play Xbox Live. If you play you'd realize playing games (First Person Shooters in the least) is much more difficult than it looks.

I honestly don't give a **** about this guy. I mean whats so interesting anyhow? The money hes won sitting on his *** and playing computer games all the time? ....I mean no--I don't "hate" this dude or have any jealosy issues or anything at all. I mean if this (computer games) is ALL that hes good at, then so be it.....but theres so much more to life then playing freaking computer games all the time.

Did you guys watch that documentry on mtv btw? True life I think it was ("true life I'm a pro. gamer") and I think this guy was one of the disucussed ones. It was funny to watch cause I think he has a gf--and he totally ignores her. But I could be mistaking him for someone else.

Well w/e I'm actually going to head off to the GYM now and actually get myself healthier...

pz

Last edited:
The guy followed his dream of being the best, all the way to the top. And he made it, and was the first to do so. Hes the Bill Gates of competitive gaming, and is and will continue to be a major catalyst for gaming to be taken much more seriously in the future...aka Higher Stakes, more sponsors, community attention,etc...

And hes from Missouri; doing it big. I like the story, I like what hes doing for the PC gaming industry, and I would like to see him handsomely rewarded much like most pioneer's in a unique field.

if you read about most pro gamers lifestyles, they tend to include another sport or some form of exercise they do just as religiously as the game they play - making them far from some pale spotty skinny kid sitting in that dark all day pwning noobs. The ones who dont most likely only can play one game and will never be able to transfer any real skill over to a new game without spending endless months playing it.

A video game proffesional? I have zero respect for people like him

that whole nail him in the face comment aside (stupid as that was) - care to ellaborate? - this is someone who started off attending very small tournaments winning very little and realised he had potential to go much further...he now travels the world monthly going to places you probably will never see getting paid alot of money to do what is essentially his hobby (although stepped up a gear now obviously) - I couldnt think of anything better and despite Vo0 owning him :santa2: - he has done an amazing amount for competitive gaming worldwide...

Back